PDA

View Full Version : Flush on paired board

2PAUL2
08-06-2005, 08:52 AM
The table is very loose passive apart from villain who is the only one who has taken any shots at me. Seems solid, has been checkraising my contnuation bets a decent amount but i havent had anything to go with yet so not seen him show down anything.

Cryptologic 6max 100nl

Folded to me on button an I (186) raise to 3 with A /images/graemlins/club.gif2 /images/graemlins/club.gif. SB villain (125) an BB (28) call.

Flop $9

J /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

check, check, check

Turn $9

4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

villain bets 1, BB folds, I raise to 5, villain raises to 9, I make it 30 an villain calls pretty quickly.

River $69

T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

villain bets 20

I...

Im obviously not folding but do i have to raise or should i just call. Just calling seems really weak but i feel that if i raise a lone J folds an a boat calls.

meh

thanks,

Paul

2PAUL2
08-06-2005, 05:09 PM
anyone? or is it that easy /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Mercman572
08-06-2005, 05:25 PM
i don't like the turn action 4 betting. This is definitely a time to just call the river: river is either a value or blocking bet, either way I think its best to just call.
The possibilities are:
A boat is betting for value into your obvious strenght
A worse flush or lone jack is putting out a blocking bet and will probably fold.

Mercman572
08-06-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Seems solid, has been checkraising my contnuation bets a decent amount

[/ QUOTE ]

Sidenote, I wouldn't consider that good play from villain
Bob Ciaffone; "a check-raising style shows you are thinking about the game in the wrong way. Your goal in no-limit holdem is to win all your opponent's money, not take little pecks."

MINETZ
08-06-2005, 07:56 PM
why no bet on the flop?
I like just calling on the river, he could have 44/33/jt, but he could also have a dry jack or a low flush looking for a cheap showdown.
Noah

ahnuld
08-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Raising is suicidal in my tight opinion. I like betting out on that flop unless there has been alot of check raises going on.

As it goes, flat call the 9 and see what villan does on river. As it goes, I call the 20 and expect to see a fh 75% of the time.

stu-unger
08-07-2005, 12:23 AM
bet flop-call river

i dont see anything u beat calling another raise.

2PAUL2
08-07-2005, 07:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why no bet on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually auto bet most flops heads up an 3 way but villain..

[ QUOTE ]
has been checkraising my contnuation bets a decent amount

[/ QUOTE ]

and i really didnt want to be checkraised off a nice draw.

But apart from that the responses seem to suggest what i already felt, that i donked this one big time.

I pushed the river an he called instantly with TJ. Just wanted to make sure i wasnt being results orientated. Dont think i get a call off a lone J here.

Thanks

Paul