PDA

View Full Version : Lost in the Small Blind

08-06-2005, 06:00 AM
Party 10+1, 4-6 ppl left, blinds at 50/100 and up. Your in the small blind with about 12-15x bb. What do you do when its folded to you? (assume no read BB with average chip stack)

Right now, I've been mucking pretty much all non-premium hands. A2-9, K2-9, J10, JQ, 22-66 etc. all folded. And when I do get a decent hand, ie. AJ, AQ, KQ, 77-99, Im not sure what to do.

Calling seems too weak because I can let ANY hand see a freeflop. Raising puts me in an arkward position if im called or reraised (forced to gamble). Pushing seems like bad risk because I'm risking my tournament life (esp when I still have 12-15xbb) for 1.5 bbs in chips. And at this level, the fish tend to kill themselves if you give them time.

I have no idea what I'm doing. Any advice is always appreciated. Thanks in advance, Brian

bennies
08-06-2005, 07:23 AM
Hi,

if both you and Big Blind have 12-15 times the bb I'll raise to 3 times the bb (if I haven't stolen from him before and assuming no reads) with most of the hands you mentioned. I imagine most opponents will be pretty tight here, hoping to get in the money soon. Therefore I'll only call a push with TT+, AQ+.

lastchance
08-06-2005, 08:06 AM
I like raising 2.5x BB and cont-betting a bunch of the time.