PDA

View Full Version : Meh

xorbie
08-06-2005, 04:30 AM
I have about $100. Villain has about $100. I'm BB (I think, that or I limped somewhere) with K4/images/graemlins/heart.gif. Villain limps somewhere and has position on me. 6max $100 NL at Empire.

Flop ($3): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif:10/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet $2.5, villain calls.

Turn ($8): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif some low rag

I bet $6, villain calls.

River ($14): 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif5/images/graemlins/heart.gif10/images/graemlins/heart.gif some low rag and then I think a K comes. Either way not a heart, not a board pairing card.

I push....

foldem
08-06-2005, 04:32 AM
niha

Hoopster81
08-06-2005, 04:37 AM
Sorry

pokerjoker
08-06-2005, 05:12 AM
Only way your getting called here in my opinion is
1. villan is a fish
2. villan has the a

savman
08-06-2005, 06:11 AM
not a fan of push. i could be wrong, but i think u are 35 to 1 against someone else flopping a flush...i know i have read that, not sure if it correct. in a more sophisitcated game this could induce big calls from hand you are beating, as it looks like the A that didnt get there; since there are not going to be two flopped flushes often and some of them beat us i dont like this push.

gulebjorn
08-06-2005, 07:08 AM
I agree that a push is a little big here. Maybe something like 20?

Then again, if he has some small heart connector, he might call the push and you're making serious money.

kongo_totte
08-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Wow, I really love this if:
A) Villian views you as the kind of player to make this with busted draws.

or

B) Villian is unknown (which is basically number A)

I don't like this if:

C) Villian will try to bet the missed A /images/graemlins/heart.gif often if you check it to him.

I'm probably working this move into this situation in to my arsenal though.

NH

EDIT: also, I don't agree people saying he'll call only with the A-high flush. At this level, any flopped flush calls you IMO.

pokerjoker
08-06-2005, 09:13 AM
OK, theres a good chance a medicore player at this level will call with a flush. A real fish might call with 2 pair/top pair. I guess it depends what you put the guy on/the kind of player he is.
Another route to consider would be to bet weak, that way if he is not a fish you can get a bit of extra $ and you might induce him to bluff at it.

wtfsvi
08-06-2005, 10:27 AM
A normal player would raise you with a non-nut flush or a set on the flop, or at least on the turn. And flushes/sets is the only thing that can call the river. Do you have a read that says this guy is overly loose passive?

If not, I like to check raise the river all in.

wtfsvi
08-06-2005, 11:10 AM
Okok, this was bad advice. Checking the river to him without a read is not good probably. Just value bet is correct probably.

nietzreznor
08-06-2005, 12:05 PM
Is villain decent? I think you will be called on the river by most flushes, but I would think if villain wasn't terrible that he would raise a lower flush on the flop/turn.
Villain's calls look like he may be chasing a draw, so checking and letting him bluff wouldn't be bad...

Your push here could definitely be sold as bluffing your missed draw, my only worry is that I would think villain would raise earlier with a set/2 pair/etc

Without a read, I'm definitely not sure what to do, don't know how to interpret his flatcalls. I'm tempted to check and give him a chance to bluff, I dunno.

Ghazban
08-06-2005, 07:03 PM
You stole my post title... effing moderators think they're bigger than the game, whatever. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Anyway, I don't like this unless you have a Spirit-Rock-esque table image that will give one pair hands a good reason to look you up. I think you only get called by another flush which is great if its out there and if it isn't the nuts. A low flush seems unlikely for villain to have played this passively so, if you get called, I think he has the nut flush and many chips moved across the table to someone else.

I like checking and letting villain bet his busted naked A draw a lot better.

xorbie
08-07-2005, 04:29 AM
I put no thought into the play, my friends were here so I had to leave. However, I don't think it was all that bad. Villain happened to have AJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif, but let's see what would have happened if I value bet.

I bet $15, villain raises to $40 or so, I must now call if we are assuming villain will not call a 3-bet all in with anything but the nuts.

If I go for a check raise (to let a bluff or lower flush bet) I end up maybe getting $40 on the river, more likely $30. Check raise all in will never get called by a hand that won't call my push anyway, and might get set/two pair to fold, not to mention any one pair hand will check behind often.

So really, I think a push might get the max out of a flush (especially J or Q) and might even get me looked up by a set or two pair when a bet of $15 or $20 might even not.

whittiphil
08-07-2005, 06:47 AM
results oriented, but you were always getting stacked flopping the 2nd nut flush right? I can't fold that, even when the board's paired, but I suck.