PDA

View Full Version : Weak-Tight Play at NL Poker...

flopking
08-06-2005, 03:43 AM
I've been examining different facets of my game, looking to improve my play, etc. One thing I will definitely try to eliminate eventually is the dreaded weak-tight play...

One thing I noticed is that I limp quite a bit preflop in my low-stakes (0.10-0.25) NL ring games. I want to take flops and see them cheap. Now I know, doctrinally, weak tight play isn't acceptable or rewarded at higher limits, but the range of hands people play online at low stakes HE is pretty broad so I really don't try to do uber math on what the +EV play is. Normally if I sense resistance I will discard my hand unless the implied odds are there or I think the pfr is BS.

On the other hand, the flop is normally where I am most active. Check-raising with overpairs and raising for free cards are the norm, etc. It seems I get a MUCH better feel for what a player has got after the flop than before. Of course, this is because so much more information is available to you... how the player reacted to the flop, texture, and the like. Do most others decide on the flop what the opposition is probably holding and react accordingly??

Anyway I'm gassed from my session, just wanted to get these thoughts out there before I sleep...

bkholdem
08-06-2005, 05:44 AM
VP$P: 12.5 BB/100: 32

That's what 'weak tight' play has been getting me recently at the low limits.

Biggenx
08-06-2005, 05:50 AM
what limit?

bkholdem
08-06-2005, 08:48 AM
50's with an occasional 25