PDA

View Full Version : Timing out opened my eyes

whitelime
08-06-2005, 03:41 AM
I'm 4 tabling 6 max NL when the following hand comes up:

I ($3k) have KK and make it $40 in a 5/10 game. One caller ($600) who has position on me. Flop is J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet this flop almost 100% of the time regardless of what I hold. My opponent who has played with me a ton probably knows this. Unfortunately, I timed out and was forced to check. My opponent bets $40. I raise it to $160. He thinks for a while and calls. Turn is another 9. I move my stack in. He calls his remaining $400 or so instantly and turns over QJ.

Just realized that this play, which isn't used very frequently should be added to my arsenal and maybe yours too.

yvesaint
08-06-2005, 04:10 AM
Timing out / disconnection problems has made me rip my eyes out. Just today I had AA and AK folded, and the AA was in a MTT where I would have flopped set over set ...

RikaKazak
08-06-2005, 04:57 AM
On that kind of board I don't do that play, but lets say it's a J22 rainbow board with your KK, then a lot of times I bet the flop, ck raise the turn out of position, since I'm a 85% continuation bettor on flop, works well for me. Also causes opponet to check his jack the next time you have AK so you can see a free river.