PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else getting "lazy"?

ripped
08-06-2005, 02:46 AM
I have noticed that I am getting lazy when it comes to hammering out the hours per night with sng's. I used to 4 table the 22's and do about 60+ a night (which is insane) and now I am lucky if I can do 60 and I only 8 table. For the last 4 days I am usually quitting after about 3 hours of non stop 8 tabling. I think reason for that is I am crushing the game right now and just say screw it and go do other things. I have played over 100 a day many many times but I cant do it anymore. I cant even hit 80 a day now.

Anyone else go through something like this and if you have what did you do to fix it?

morello
08-06-2005, 02:48 AM
Move up!

Seriously, if you have played that many and are crushing them, then you need to move up. The players at the higher levels do the same stupid things (and this doesn't just apply to SNGs, it applies to basically any poker game).

CaptSensible
08-06-2005, 04:19 AM
I went from playing all day everyday to like playing maybe about 4-8 games a day. I figure that's just the flow I'm on for the time being. I also just bought A house and am getting ready to move to another state so that's been taking up a lot of my time.

curtains
08-06-2005, 04:21 AM
I'm lazy as a donkey right now. Havent played all month, and now Im on vacation so Im not playing for 10 days. If only I was paid to post on 2+2 all the time.

microbet
08-06-2005, 04:23 AM
No way. I think today was the most I've ever played in a day. A whopping 25!

Nottom
08-06-2005, 04:52 AM
I've always been lazy thats my problem, I don't think I've ever put in more than 400 SNGs in a month.

This week is really the first time in a long time I've forced myself to put in the hours I should be playing. So obviously it seems liek a good time for my worst downswing ever, well hopefully I'll be through it by next week at least.

Jman28
08-06-2005, 04:58 AM
I'm usually very lazy. I tried to be a 'pro' for a month a couple months back. I couldn't top 30 hours per week. Averaged about 22 a week that month.

This week though, for whatever reason, I'm playing like a madman. I've literally played 10 hours a day for the past 3 days. Prolly 7-8 the two days prior. It's insane.

If I wasn't getting so unlucky, I'd be rich by now.

Nottom
08-06-2005, 05:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm usually very lazy. I tried to be a 'pro' for a month a couple months back. I couldn't top 30 hours per week. Averaged about 22 a week that month.

This week though, for whatever reason, I'm playing like a madman. I've literally played 10 hours a day for the past 3 days. Prolly 7-8 the two days prior. It's insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its like looking in a mirror.

Jman28
08-06-2005, 05:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its like looking in a mirror.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha.. I didn't even read your post before responding. We really are doing the same thing.

skirtus
08-06-2005, 10:06 AM
I have similiar problems in meeting these SnG goals I set for myself. I'm just coming back to the tables from taking 6 months off. I had a personal downswing I needed to work through. I'm also in sales and can have the same problems when making sales calls. I find it helpful when setting goals to visualize the reward. You should have an idea of how much money you can make per hour. Than cut out a picture of what you want to buy or do with your profit. One of our best salesman actuallys buys the reward first than works his ass off to pay for it. I'm not suggesting you do this but it works for him. Some people are naturally driven and ambitious. Those of us who aren't need to find ways to stay motivated.

Freudian
08-06-2005, 11:50 AM
Another version of being lazy is that you think you are good enough to beat the games you are currently playing and don't focus on learning.

It is not a bad idea to buy something you want (but not necessarily need) for parts of your poker profits. A psysical reminder of the rewards of good play and effort spent.

08-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Another version of lazy is fear.

I know of alot of players that go on a crazy winning streak, and start playing LESS because they FEAR they will stop getting lucky (which will happen guys) and lose some or all of those profits they were lucky to get in the first place.