PDA

View Full Version : Non-married men who wear rings...

AZK
08-06-2005, 02:29 AM
So what is your opinion of men who wear rings? I'm not talking about alumni rings. Gay? Metrosexual? Normal?

I currently wear one right on my right middle finger, just a simple silver band. Thinking of getting another one. How hard is it to pass for being straight wearing two rings on one hand? Which two fingers would you pick?

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-06-2005, 02:32 AM
I think it's kind of cool, but I don't wear rings and everyone thinks I'm pretty metro as far as things go around here. I dunno.

Soul Daddy
08-06-2005, 02:33 AM
That hat is so metro.

squeek12
08-06-2005, 02:35 AM
It does say something about you, but I can't put my finger on what. I never understood why a man would want to wear unnecessary jewelry. But if you can pull it off, and it somehow contributes to the image you wish to project, I say go for it brother.

Lazymeatball
08-06-2005, 02:39 AM
It works for these guys

http://bostonbrat.net/brady/Patriots/ring4.jpg

IronDragon1
08-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Simple bands work fine in more formal settings but avoid trying to be work them into your casual rotation-unless you've won them through a sporting event (and even then, be careful)

AZK
08-06-2005, 03:11 AM
Obviously if I won the friggin superbowl I would wear that [censored] everywhere.

I was talking more along the lines of something like this:

Bvlgari B zero 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/BULGARI-BVLGARI-B-zero1-White-Gold-Ring-XS_W0QQitemZ5019996309QQcategoryZ67728QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

As for the price, I know it's steep, but I know a diamond wholesaler who can probably get me 40% off. I've done business with him for expensive watches and I've gotten nice deals, so the money thing isn't an issue, I just think this ring looks sweet.

tdarko
08-06-2005, 03:24 AM
i just hate jewely on me, i fidget with it and its annoying. i have a college world series ring but it just collects dust because i can't stand it being on my hand.

rusellmj
08-06-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a college world series ring

[/ QUOTE ]

sweet.

Macdaddy Warsaw
08-06-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously if I won the friggin superbowl I would wear that [censored] everywhere.

I was talking more along the lines of something like this:

Bvlgari B zero 1 (http://cgi.ebay.com/BULGARI-BVLGARI-B-zero1-White-Gold-Ring-XS_W0QQitemZ5019996309QQcategoryZ67728QQssPageName ZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

As for the price, I know it's steep, but I know a diamond wholesaler who can probably get me 40% off. I've done business with him for expensive watches and I've gotten nice deals, so the money thing isn't an issue, I just think this ring looks sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it, but I'd have to steal it from you to wear it.

tek
08-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Some single straight guys might wear a gold band on their left hand in order to pick up sluts who go for "married" men.

The logic is that some women want what others have, while if you have no ring something is wrong with you...

dtbog
08-06-2005, 04:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Some single straight guys might wear a gold band on their left hand in order to pick up sluts who go for "married" men.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... what a wonderful life one would have with a woman who looks to marry someone who would cheat on his wife....

tek
08-06-2005, 04:42 PM
Well, I'm sure those guys aren't really looking for a long term relationship anyway...if they have to stoop to tricks like that.

trying2learn
08-06-2005, 04:48 PM
most married men will tell you that once you start wearing the ring - you do get more attention - it's odd, but true.

arod15
08-06-2005, 06:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So what is your opinion of men who wear rings? I'm not talking about alumni rings. Gay? Metrosexual? Normal?

I currently wear one right on my right middle finger, just a simple silver band. Thinking of getting another one. How hard is it to pass for being straight wearing two rings on one hand? Which two fingers would you pick?

[/ QUOTE ]
if your a big fat italian guy named Tony a pinky ring is perfectly acceptable [censored] what others say your tony and italian. otherwise its gay

gunt
08-06-2005, 06:40 PM
unless it's a 4-finger ring, and you're a member of RUN-DMC, then yes... you are gay.

[censored]
08-06-2005, 07:41 PM
not normal some other description but not normal.

Argus
08-06-2005, 07:49 PM
I wear an Iron Ring (http://www.ironring.ca), and after a few months of wearing it my girlfriend and I had this conversation. We were at a party where someone asked me if I was wearing an Iron Ring and I said I was. We talked about engineering for a bit, and after he left my girlfriend exclaimed, "So that's what that's for! I thought you'd picked up some faggy pinky ring."

ononimo
08-06-2005, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i have a college world series ring

[/ QUOTE ]

pimp

touchfaith
08-06-2005, 07:58 PM
I use to wear a ring everywhere.

All day...everyday. I didn't go anywhere without my ring. I'd wear my ring grocery shopping, to the movies, out to dinner and even to the ballgames. I wear it camping or walking or even just talking...

I wore it everywhere!

But then, I started to out grow rings. I couldn't find a ring that would fit for more then a couple of days before it was too tight.

So off to the store I would go to buy a new ring. It got to the point that I was buying new rings every week, only to outgrow them all. I searched high and low for a ring that would fit for more then one week, but have been unable to find one.

Someone...Anyone! For the love of (your fake) god, please ...PLEASE... Somebody!!!

Invent an adjustable/expandable cock ring for me! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Ghazban
08-06-2005, 08:02 PM
I wear my great-grandfather's old signet ring on my pinky with an onyx stone on gold setting ring on my ring finger. Nothing on the other hand. Given that my great-grandfather was Italian (Pietro Rossi-- doesn't get much more Italian than that), I've decided wearing his ring on my pinky is acceptable.