PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone Experiencing a Downswing...

KramerTM
08-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Being someone that fits into this category (I went from killing the 33s in the last month to somehow getting killed at the 22s), this advice really resonates.

I can't stress how important it is to have more than 1 game that you can play. Even if it's NL cash games vs. NL tournies. When you are running bad, there's nothing quite look getting a few hundred hands of omaha hi-lo ring games in to break up the monotony of having you AK all in preflop cracked by A9 at the (enter your buy-in here) SnGs.

For me, it's been some limit and some NL hold'em games that have been the deviation, but whatever works. It was nice that after dropping 12 buy-ins in about an hour and a half, that I could it make it back and then some at a different game.

PS --- This is especialluy good advice for those who can't pull themselves away from the game completely for even a second while they're running bad.

And for all those running well right now... kiss my ass! /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Iamafish
08-06-2005, 12:23 AM
Thank God, IM NOT ALONE!!!

psyduck
08-06-2005, 01:39 AM
Man oh man, thank god I'm not alone.