PDA

View Full Version : QQ raising A high flop multiway

Intent
08-06-2005, 12:16 AM
1/2 (6 max)

Preflop: Hero is bb with Q /images/graemlins/club.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, sb completes, Hero raises, CO calls, Button calls, sb 3 bets, Hero caps, CO calls, Button calls, sb calls.

Flop: (16 SB)
T /images/graemlins/club.gif, A /images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
sb bets, Hero raises...

sb is defintaly a LAG, and I think the limp/3 bet preflop was just one of those low limit "How dare you raise me!" things. I've seen him go for blind steals with stuff like 24s and 95o, I don't think he has an ace here. I raised because I wanted to get CO and button to fold. At the time it seemed like a good idea... Now I think that the pot is too big, and no low limit player is folding an ace anyway. What's a better line here?

wrto4556
08-06-2005, 01:52 AM
raising the flop isnt going to do you any good. You cant protect your hand in a pot that big.

I would consider calling and raising the turn if its a good one and if the flop action was ok. That way we get the LAG heads up (hopefully). i think the pot is big enough to try something durastic.

bottomset
08-06-2005, 03:55 AM
the flop raise is still offering a monster 9.5/1 which means you won't fold much at all

I'd call here, and see how the action goes, and what the turn is