PDA

View Full Version : Question about forum settings

12-01-2001, 01:41 AM
This is mainly directed to the folks who run this forum, but if anyone else can tell me, that'd be cool. Anyhoo, I'm wondering if there's any sort of log-in function on this forum, so that the server can remember what messages you've seen and only display new or unread ones each time you log on. I check this forum both from home and from work, so it's a pain to sift through the ones I've already seen when I'm switching back and forth between the two computers. I know several other forum providers have this function, so... jest wundrin if that's available here. Thanks in advance.

-Dennis

12-01-2001, 11:14 AM
it must be your settings in your browser. as ive seen it does that automatically. read posts get a bland color.

12-01-2001, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I get that, too. The only thing is, that's your browser, not the server, remembering what you've seen. So if you check the forum from different computers, it'll only show the messages you've seen from each computer. Other forums that I'm on have you log on, then the server itself remembers what messages you've seen and whatnot, so you can read from any number of computers. Oh well, no big deal. Thanks, anyway.

-Dennis