PDA

View Full Version : In the money with huge stack - this seemed interesting

Isura
08-05-2005, 10:22 PM
We don't talk about hands like these that often. I've obviously reached the point where the remaining chips don't have the same value for me as my opponents. What range of hands is this an obvious push?
Also, what non ICM factors should we be thinking about here? SOrry if this is really easy and boring. BTW, this is a $33.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t500 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t820)
Hero (t6760)
SB (t420)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
</font>.

Final Pot: t750

Colonel Kataffy
08-05-2005, 10:31 PM
You absolutely push everything. Both opponents, trying not to finish in the dreaded 3rd place will typically fold.

Shillx
08-05-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah you have to push here with the huge chip lead. No matter what calling strategy they choose, you HAVE to make money here. Even if they colluded, they could not prevent you from making money on this push. The worst case is when the SB calls with all hands better then yours and the BB calls anytime the SB doesn't. If you all had equal sized stacks you would have to be very careful in this spot, but not here. This is almost a push any two.

Brad

Wevie
08-05-2005, 10:42 PM
PUSH it.

08-05-2005, 10:43 PM
I disagree that you play everything here. I see very little fold equity, so why take a worse than average hand against two random hands? Even if the BB busts the SB, you still have him outchipped more than 5-1. Granted, I would be pretty liberal with my pushes but I think I would want at least a J8 or better, or any Q and up.

Colonel Kataffy
08-05-2005, 10:50 PM
If you think you have little fold equity, then you are way off. WAY OFF.

Juff
08-05-2005, 11:19 PM
I push any card higher than a 6 here.

I've played less than a thousand SnGs though, 11s and 22s.

Isura
08-05-2005, 11:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah you have to push here with the huge chip lead. No matter what calling strategy they choose, you HAVE to make money here. Even if they colluded, they could not prevent you from making money on this push. The worst case is when the SB calls with all hands better then yours and the BB calls anytime the SB doesn't. If you all had equal sized stacks you would have to be very careful in this spot, but not here. This is almost a push any two.

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

ICM says that it's +0.5% for pushing if both call with any 2. THe tighter they become, the worst it gets for me (according to ICM).

ace_in_the_hole
08-05-2005, 11:54 PM
PUSH any two.

Isura
08-05-2005, 11:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you think you have little fold equity, then you are way off. WAY OFF.

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding equity isn't really relevant here imo. Those blinds are not as valuable to me as you would think.