PDA

View Full Version : This has to be an anamoly, right?

iceman5
08-05-2005, 09:01 PM
I started a new PT database and Ive been playing $5/$10 for the past week. ( I usually play lower, but hopefully have made a permanent jump).

I have about 3000 hands so far so I dont have anywhere near enough hands to get any of my opponents true win rates, but out of the players who Ive played the most hands against.....the top 8 are all losing money and 12 of the top 15 are losing money. Some of them have win rates that are really bad.

One or 2 big losses will kill a win rate when they only have 1000 hands or so with me, but Ive gone over their big hands and thats not what has happened (except for one guy).

They mostly just dont appear to be very good. It has to be some sort of anamoly , right? I mean ALL the regulars cant lose.

AZK
08-05-2005, 09:07 PM
Sample size is everything, is this 5/10 prima?

iceman5
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
5/10 Prima and Party. I realize the sample size is tiny, but should more like half of these guys be winning? Are ALL of them just on a bad little run?

I mean alot of these hands they are playing against each other as well so someone has to win. It just seems a little strange to me.

morello
08-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Why not do some datamining on Party? You'll quickly find that the guys logging the most hands are not losing in general.

There will be some good regulars who appear to be losing. Sample size!

edge
08-05-2005, 10:25 PM
I see no reason why regulars can't be losing players.