PDA

View Full Version : Worst Fold Ever?

UOPokerPlayer
08-05-2005, 08:52 PM
UTG ($56) is a donk, playing too many hands and trying to play sherriff in each one. SB ($49) is on his second orbit. I have $52.

Party Poker (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG Calls, Button Folds, SB Completes, Hero checks.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Pot - $1.5
SB checks, Hero Bets $1, UTG Raises to $2, SB Raises to $4, Hero Calls, UTG Calls

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Pot - $13
SB checks, Hero Bets $8, UTG Calls, SB Calls

River: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Pot - $36.5
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG Pushes, SB Calls, Hero folds.

Final Pot:

Results to come.

NYCNative
08-05-2005, 08:55 PM
Reraise the flop hard, I mean hard. Then push the turn.

As it was played, you have to fold on the river because I believe you are behind now 99.99% of the time. Do you really think neither of them have an Ace?

whittiphil
08-05-2005, 09:11 PM
Your hand on the flop isn't strong enough to slow play. You need to bet much harder on the flop... don't try and "keep people in".

gol4pro
08-05-2005, 09:18 PM
As said, push flop MUCH harder. Can't make an overcall on this river without the A.... but since you're posting it I'm assuming neither had it.

Malachii
08-05-2005, 09:55 PM
Pot/3 bet flop because of the possible flush draw and because you have a relatively good kicker for your trips and would love to get all in against a hand like 53 suited.

I'd pot the turn too.

River fold is easy and instantaneous.

wtfsvi
08-05-2005, 09:59 PM
It would have been a crazy call, that's for sure. If none of them had a 3 or an ace, they are quite amazing.

stu-unger
08-05-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Reraise the flop hard, I mean hard. Then push the turn.

As it was played, you have to fold on the river because I believe you are behind now 99.99% of the time. Do you really think neither of them have an Ace?

[/ QUOTE ]

ps: if neither of them had an ace, the room # and player names would be appreciated. LOL.

08-05-2005, 10:20 PM
Probably not. You describe one of the players as a donk and he may have been playing a high ace. Hard to believe he would have played AK this way. But one of the two staying in against you probably lucked out and flopped a full, A over 3 which would beat your own 3 over A. There's also the possibility someone was getting cute with pocket A's. All in all, a tough but good fold.

MTBlue
08-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Let me guess. UTG had a busted flush draw and Small blind had a three. I think I bet really big on this turn. Tough break on the end it's a fold as played. A blocking bet of 1/5 of the pot will probably fold busted flush and still get a call from the other three. If the bet's raised easy fold.

UOPokerPlayer
08-06-2005, 03:00 AM
I didn't mean at all for this to be a whine post or anything, I hope it didn't come off that way. SB had K3 and UTG had some garbage like KQo, he's a real live one.

My first thought when the flop came was that I want to put in a big raise and get it all against an ace or a pocket pair which UTG was capable of calling with. Then SB mini-3-bet, which in my experiences is one of the scariest bets in SSNL. I there's no hand that doesn't have a three in it that he does that with. So at this point, I'm worried about my kicker, but most of all want UTG to come along and play. I worry about my ten kicker because i think a three with a kicker below a ten is unlikely to complete from the sb. 43s, K3, A3, Q3s, J3s, that seems like a pretty good range for hands with a three to complete from the sb. It's true that a lot of players complete with anything, but I'd say hands like 63,73,83,93, are folding half the time at least. Maybe putting him on a three is a little narrow minded, but i really though that with his mini-3-bet. I know putting in a big raise is standard 'right' play, but what happens when i get a push from the SB? (I instacall any UTG push, because he's just so bad.)

My hand is a free look from the BB, so it's hard for other players to suspect that I'm doing this with an ace, and even a semi-donk probably plays accordingly. I played the hand completely ignorant to the flush draw, because why, I don't know.

Turn comes, and it's a really good card for me. Only boats beat me. This is where I think i really screwed up, even moreso than the flop. Again, I was playing to 'milk' it and get UTG to come along and i shot myself in the foot. $15 there and an UTG call makes the pot 58 with me having a little over 30 and makes the river an easy push/check-call.

River sucks. I see two checks and pray it gets checked down, but nope, UTG likes to push his three-pair hands hard. SB instacalls, and thats the only thing that made me want to fold. I'm getting more than 3-1 there and in retrospect I should've called, just in hopes of a split. I think I differentiate from most of the responses that my biggest mistake was on the turn, instead of the flop. A few questions -

Does anyone else think the the mini-3-bet screams trips?

If I'm certain one player has trips and the other doesn't, whats the best way to get all three in?

imported_anacardo
08-06-2005, 03:03 AM
Three pair - a hand that's never as good as it looks. :-(