PDA

View Full Version : How did I do with TP flush draw? Please post different lines.

Godfather80
08-05-2005, 08:20 PM
Sorry, no converter for Pacific.

NL10 10handed. Table was very loose.

Relevant stacks and reads:
SB $10 just sat down
BB $7 weak player calls too much
Hero $35
CO $7.50 loose preflop caller and raiser.

Preflop:UTG limps, 3 folds, Hero limps with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gifT/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 1 fold, CO raises to $.50, button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: ($2.40 with 5 players)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2:diamond

SB bets $1.00, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero raises to $3.50, CO folds, SB calls, BB calls.
I thought that there a chance I was ahead right now and my pot equity was very good. I raised to force out better flush draws and possibly fold a slightly better ten.

Turn: ($12.45 with 3 players)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.80 this bet was half of SB's stack and would put BB all-in, SB raises another $3.60 all-in, BB calls all-in, Hero calls. Getting better than 8:1 odds on this call makes it a no brainer right? I'm probably behind SB (I put him on a bigger ten) but have at least 12 outs for two pair or flush

River:($23 main pot for 3 players & $7 side pot for hero and BB)
T/images/graemlins/spade.gif7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gifA/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Thoughts?

NYCNative
08-05-2005, 08:49 PM
I approve but I'm a LAG from hell.

Godfather80
08-05-2005, 08:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I approve but I'm a LAG from hell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. Was my turn bet correct if I was trying to knock out other better flush draws? Or just a silly waste of money?

NYCNative
08-05-2005, 08:54 PM
The sad thing is that if the villain was as LAGgy as I am, with all that money in the pot and a draw to the nuts/really good dlush, I am probably calling it. It's that double-edged sword - you're making it expensive for the draws but with so much money in there thanks to the multiway action, they have odds to call especially if they think their overcard(s) might also be good.

Malachii
08-05-2005, 09:27 PM
I'd check the turn, assuming that someone has a T which currently has you beaten, since you have a suspect kicker.

xorbie
08-05-2005, 09:43 PM
That trixy half-of-SB-stack play is useful when you are way ahead, not roughly even, and is used to trap BB in (i.e the lines goes half SB bet, SB pushes, BB calls, you push).

Here, raise the flop to $5, either check or pot the turn (check being correct with stacks as they are).

ziggydonks
08-05-2005, 10:51 PM
I agree w/ xorbie in that the flop raise was much too small. You say in your post that you were trying to force out other heart draws, but uf that is the case, you def didn't raise enough. Both SB and BB have to call 2.5 into 7.9 pot, giving them better than 3:1; If you want a flush draw that is marginally better than yours, say q hi, to fold, u must raise more, i'd say at least to 7. This way they will have to call 6 into pot of 12, which has a much better chance of achieving your goal.

jtr
08-05-2005, 11:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Was my turn bet correct if I was trying to knock out other better flush draws? Or just a silly waste of money?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the flop raise was supposed to knock out those pesky flush draws? If the flop raise didn't achieve it (should have been bigger as others have said) why do you think this bet will do so?

I would have checked behind on the turn.

gol4pro
08-05-2005, 11:11 PM
If I'm not already semi-bluffing all in on flop.... then I'm for sure checking behind on the turn.

As played is decent. Only thing I don't like is turn bet.