PDA

View Full Version : Turned the nuts

ShawnHoo
08-05-2005, 06:46 PM
Party $100. I've played about 15 hands (no meaningful reads yet) and took a couple of pots without showing to bump me up to $142 when this happened.

I'm UTG+1 with 6h5h and raise to $3. CO ($92) calls, SB ($400+) calls, BB folds.

Flop: 7s 3c 9d

I bet $7, CO raises to $14. SB folds, I call.

Turn: 4h

Checked to CO, who bets $10. I call.

River: 3d

I check, CO bets $20, I go all-in.

Curious to hear thoughts on my turn/river lines.

amoeba
08-05-2005, 06:56 PM
flop is fine.

check raise the turn or lead the turn, bet the river.

I don't like checkraising the river with a paired board as most people with 79 for top two or some overpair here, check behind.

xorbie
08-05-2005, 07:10 PM
You're turn river lines are no goot. Turn check is good only for a check raise. Lead 3 bet is probably better. The board didn't get any scarier for villain, so either he has a set/two pair or just a measly one pair hand that he's not going too far with.

trevor
08-05-2005, 07:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
flop is fine

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that you need to do something different on the turn. If he flopped a set you might be able to get it all-in.

I don't know how I feel about the check raise on the river. If this guy is a donk he might have played a set on the prior streets this way. Or, if he's the type to make a 'great call' w/ a marginal hand he may bite here. I would just lead the river but I am open to suggestions on that one.

ShawnHoo
08-05-2005, 07:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree that you need to do something different on the turn. If he flopped a set you might be able to get it all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is a set likely given his flop action? It smelled of an overpair to me.