PDA

View Full Version : Variance, Random numbers and clumping

CaptainCrunch
08-05-2005, 06:27 PM
Ok, let me preface with "This is not a "OMG RIGGED!" post" Ok?

Allright, for the last several weeks, I've been noticing the boards in my hands are getting paired with greater frequency than I'd seen before. I'm figuring its basically a long ass streak of clumping (if thats the right term)in those randomly generated numbers. I mean, its hitting my cards as much as anyone elses, so I ain't complaining. Its just weird to see AA66 on the board for the 4th time in an hour. Except repeated daily, for a month.

Thing I'd like to do, as all those hands are in my pt database, and the time range should be easily determined (I started a new limit right before I noticed it happening) is figure out how often its happening and compare it to the statistical likelyhood or whatever.

Actually, we're talking what, over 100,000 hands to get a meaningfull sample of the action?

Not being a math guy, I really don't know where to go from this point. I mean, its happening just enough to get my attention, but not in a way that seems, oh I dunno, arranged? prolly see a month or two 10 years from now where the board never pairs or something like that.

And I know its not fashionable to comment on things that are swallowed by variance, but I'm still green enough to just say "woah" when things occur. even if they mean nothing in the larger picture.

Ok, ramble over.