PDA

View Full Version : Do I have a value bet somewhere with AJ overs?

cmwck
08-05-2005, 06:23 PM
Villain is unknown.

bonus clearing 2/4 6max crypto

Hero is UTG with AJ

Preflop: Hero raises, MP 3-bets, everyone folds.

Flop: 7.5 SB [8s 3s 2h]
Hero checks, MP checks

Turn: 3.75 BB [Tc]
Hero...?

check-fold, bet-fold, call it down?

What if I check and he checks behind again?

sammy_g
08-05-2005, 06:32 PM
I get really suspicious when a preflop raiser checks the flop heads up. I would not be surprised if villain has 88.

I would check, hoping to check it down. The pot is small, and AJ looks bad here against a normal player's 3 betting range. I probably fold to a turn bet. If the turn goes check/check, I might call on the river.

If you bet the turn, fold to a raise.

Don't put a lot more money in this pot.

The Truth
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I get really suspicious when a preflop raiser checks the flop heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. This means "Im a fish" or "I flopped the nut"

cmwck
08-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I thought about it some more and I decided checking and folding is right. We have two options: 1. bet, and hope he's weak tight and folds AQ, or hope that we're somehow ahead and he incorrectly calls with KQ. 2. check, and hope he gives us another free card.

I think seeing an extra card for free is more valuable here, in this small pot, out of position. Maybe if we had position we could bet and check behind on the river. But betting now probably just wastes a bet with the worst of it, and we can easily check/fold.

k, thanks, looks like a finally understand a decision for once /images/graemlins/smile.gif

btw, i checked, he checked, river went check, check, he mucked and I won. gotta make a note on this guy.