PDA

View Full Version : Will Jackpot Jay have a Successor

slickpoppa
08-05-2005, 06:09 PM
ESPN really needs to hire a Bill Simmonsesque poker player as their new poker columnist. There's gotta be a 20 something pro out there who could write an entertaining column.

Kevmath
08-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Daniel Negreanu does write a syndicated column. I think they're going to stick with the Rosenbloom/Feldman duo for now with the once in a while article by Phil Gordon. If Andy Glazer was alive, we wouldn't have been subjected to Jackpot Jay in the first place.

GambleAB
08-06-2005, 03:20 PM
http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com/maineventnews.asp

<-----resume

Bill Murphy
08-06-2005, 06:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If Andy Glazer was alive, we wouldn't have been subjected to Jackpot Jay in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boy, ain't that the truth.... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Andy's reports were sorely missed during the WSOP this year, as well as whatever commentaries he would've had on the boom/bubble. I'd been meaning to post about this for awhile, thanks. Andy was the best, by far. Great, great guy, too. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

As for Jay, well, to be fair, the guy never spared the lash for himself when it was all said and done. Especially on a "what not to do/think" basis his columns were quite informative and I usually got a chuckle or two from all of them.

But, yes, poker desperately needs a Bill Simmons. Daniel does his best but he'll always be a player first and foremost, and Fischman, Keller, Schoenfeld, uh, no.

Guess we'll have to be happy w/Paul Phillips blog.