PDA

View Full Version : Cool or Tacky?

fimbulwinter
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
So I'm almost finished with part II of the EV post. This part will deal with the EV of making all-in semibluffs and evaluating that route versus calling and betting your hand.

Just today I got a PM from a twopluser (congrats on your night my friend:)) who spent last night playing 400NL and 600NL, all the while with David Williams (WSOP runner up the year greg raymer won it all) sitting to his left on the 600 table. They played three key hands where I feel my protoge played quite well against DW using simply the concepts we discuss here.

It will take me longer to integrate those hands into the post (which fit the topic quite nicely) and I'd only like to do it if people are interested and think it's in good taste, as i know this could easily come off as a lame, WPT forum esque celeb bashing thread as well. Since i know the poster so well and obviously am happy for him, i don't feel i can be objective here, so please give me your objective opinion.

fim

NYCNative
08-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I would like to see them...

gulebjorn
08-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Creating a low content brag post is tacky. If the examples illustrate your point, having a poker "celeb" in them only makes them more interesting.

BZ_Zorro
08-05-2005, 06:02 PM
From the content of this post, I suspect 'symbiotes' is a more accurate description of what you're attracting.

punter11235
08-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Some (if not all) of your strategy posts will be included in "classic no-limits posts" collections for all future 2+2'ers so I think making them better and longer will be good for all.

Best wishes

beset7
08-05-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey Fimbul.

I've always liked your longer theory posts and I have a few of them archived.

However, I stopped playing NL for a few months and I think I may have missed a few while off playing Pot-Limit Omaha and Stud.

Would you be so kind as to post links to all of your long general theory posts? I'd ask in PM but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

When Party switched to 100xBB stacks your post on deep stacks and implied odds along with the C/R book and TOP really saved my ass from missing out on a lot of cash.

wtfsvi
08-05-2005, 07:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar på:</font><hr />
I'm not the only one who would appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ] You are correct, sir.

I voted cool. Even though it might be tacky. Because I'd like to read it.

Mr. Curious
08-05-2005, 07:21 PM
I would like to see the hands, but it would have been easier if you had not mentioned DW and just included the hands using HERO and OPPONENT.

Malachii
08-05-2005, 09:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I would like to see the hands, but it would have been easier if you had not mentioned DW and just included the hands using HERO and OPPONENT.

[/ QUOTE ]
Who cares?

And to fimbul, yes, by all means post them.