PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker "Shoot Outs"

taylor
08-05-2005, 05:43 PM
Anyone played/playing the somewhat new PP Shout Out Tournys and if so whats the take on them versus sit n go's and multi tables?

taylor
08-06-2005, 02:35 AM
C'mon youngins.. Flame this motha.. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

MicroBob
08-06-2005, 02:40 AM
they suck. and the pay-out structure is ridiculous.

they weren't developed by their retarded monkeys back in the lab though...because even they wouldn't be able to come up with a structure THAT bad.

jon462
08-06-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
they suck. and the pay-out structure is ridiculous.

they weren't developed by their retarded monkeys back in the lab though...because even they wouldn't be able to come up with a structure THAT bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

on the other hand, its insanely easy to get to the final round. But given the odd structure im not sure the time spent is worth it..

They are quite fun tho, and at least not as much of a waste of time as the steps /images/graemlins/blush.gif

tshort
08-06-2005, 04:22 AM
I played one for entertainment. In 2nd round the crap shoot begins. I pushed on five consecutive hands to start the round without being called. Big waste of time, though.

jacknine
08-06-2005, 08:41 AM
yeah the payout is mighty strange - don't think I've ever seen a live shootout paying out in this way ... plus it doesn't really reward winning it comparing to the time it takes. Whent hey started them off, they even had limit versions of the thing running - imagine ...

They'll need to change the way the blinds go up, the amount of chips you get in the later rounds, change the payout structure, have less seats and raise the buyins. With those changes I think this would be fun and worth the time/effort.

As for the question of the OP... I think you should just look at this as a couple of STTs in a row, no need for any strategy changes.

J9.