PDA

View Full Version : What is the average luck.......

nate_king1
08-05-2005, 05:42 PM
To tell you the truth I don't know I have can beat the 11s. Though I have a positive ROI and ITM maybe I was just luckboxing? For the first 200SNGs I killed it, then for the next 200 SNGs I couldn't win a game. When I was winning I thought that I wasn't lucky at all, now that I lost 12 OTM in a row. Maybe I am lucky.

Which brings me to the point of..What is the average luck? Is the average luck by the law of statistics? Will it average out in the end? Maybe. What what about winning the not so essential coin-flips, and losing the 4th place(If I won I would have had first) coin-flips? That is Average right but I do consider that bad luck.

How about picking up AA on the bubble when someshort stack moves all-in? Is that good timing(Luck), or have you been waiting all day for AA and your overdue?

When I consider luck that averages out I think of 70/30 so if you tend to get your money in at the best times and hope that it wins? Lets say you get your money in with AK vs A7 and you win. AK vs AJ and you win. AK vs AQ and you lose. Bad Beat right? I don't think so because your hand already held up 2 times and is going to lose about 1/3.

So what am getting at is...For all the winning SNG players here. What do you consider lucky in SNGs? In the long run luck is almost irrelevent and your SNGs skills determine the overall game. But what do you consider lucky in playing SNGs getting cards? giving people beats? getting the best of positions(your AA vs KK)?

MeanGreenTT
08-05-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I consider luck that averages out I think of 70/30 so if you tend to get your money in at the best times and hope that it wins? Lets say you get your money in with AK vs A7 and you win. AK vs AJ and you win. AK vs AQ and you lose. Bad Beat right? I don't think so because your hand already held up 2 times and is going to lose about 1/3.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet on red, it's come up black the last 17 times /images/graemlins/grin.gif