PDA

View Full Version : Queens against a guy on a roll

kurto
08-05-2005, 05:08 PM
UTG was dealt Aces once and Kings twice within about 5 hands. The last two times, he told the board what his hand was on the flop. Played straightforward and won. He showed both times. With that in mind.... curious if that effects anyone's play here. Note: he always minraises pf.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG ($27.30)
UTG+1 ($44)
MP1 ($53.50)
MP2 ($41.75)
MP3 ($93.10)
CO ($46.85)
Button ($40.55)
Hero ($63.65)
BB ($40.50)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1 Player types in chat:, "Again. lol" </font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Button calls $1, Hero calls $0.75, BB calls $0.50.

Flop: ($4) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2</font>, Button folds, Hero calls $2, BB folds.

Turn: ($8) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5.

UTG writes: "Kings. I'll show"

What was going through my mind was, the odds that he has it 4 times in about 6 hands was not impossible, but improbable. I expect he has something, not necessarily aces and kings. On the other hand, I didn't to risk an all in with a check raise, nor did I want to scare him off if he had merely 2 overcards or a lower pair. Is this too passive?

River: ($18) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, UTG calls $5.

I figured with a possible flush on the board, he wouldn't raise me unless he had it, and this way a blocking bet would keep the pot small. But if he significantly raised me, I'm beat.

Thoughts?

flopking
08-05-2005, 05:19 PM
Since player UTG seems solid right... and plays his hands as you would expect, no need to pay him off with QQ... I mean if he raising UTG, he is ranged from AA-88, AK, AQ... since that flop didn't help any probable hand except TT and he is leading out with nice 2/3 pot sized bets, you are prolly looking at JJ, KK or AA... you can really only beat one of those hands...

Thw ay I woulda played it is...

A c/r on the flop sufficiently defines your hand as strong... if you get a call/re-raise from UTG, then you are probably behind and can release QQ right then, saving yourself about $7...