PDA

View Full Version : Interesting 99 hand... not sure if I played it right.

SomethingClever
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Reads are sketchy, as I was 4-tabling and hadn't been at this table long. But MP had typical TAG stats over a small sample... 25/13ish. SB was unremarkable.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, SB folds.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14 BB

JrJordan
08-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Donk bet the flop. TAG will autoraise with almost any 2 that he 3-bet with PF and force SB to cold call 2SB. Then from there you can check call with a possible river donk bet when you're feeling frisky.

The way you played it, I call the river raise as well. I just don't see a typical TAG playing an overpair like this when SB is still in the hand. You'd see either a flop 3-bet or turn raise to protect the pot. The only hand that makes sense at this point beating you is TT. I think he bluffs here enough to call getting 13:1.

Surfbullet
08-05-2005, 05:53 PM
I like a flop lead if he'll raise overcards, if not, then the c/r is great.

The way you played it I call the river raise. I can't fathom a TAG in position failing to 3bet that flop with a flush draw, and an overpair would certainly have raised the turn (or 3bet the flop). Unless he's sandbagging TT I think he's pulling a move - definitely at least 1 in 12.

Surf

SomethingClever
08-05-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and an overpair would certainly have raised the turn (or 3bet the flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking too.

Another reason I posted this hand is that my read was way off.

After finding out what he had, I don't believe he's anything close to a 25/13 player. Just another reminder that stat-based reads take a while to converge.