PDA

View Full Version : 22 TT middle stages

bengele
08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
Party 20+2 blinds are 50/100 six handed and I am the small blind. Cutoff (970 chips) rasies to 400. Button (995 chips) goes all in. I have TT with 1605 before posting. Cutoff has not done anything stupid but has been tight. If I come over the top I think I can get him to fold. Three hands ago button went all in with AK and got called by a short stack with 99 and lost. He then started complaing about how lucky the short stack was and how he should not have called. After that he has pushed the last two hands making this the fourth hand in a row that he has pushed. What is my next move?

08-05-2005, 04:22 PM
Under what circumstances has the Button gone all-in? Has it been in the face of limpers and raisers, or has he always been first to act? Also, isn't there a reasonable chance that the level-headed CO has been waiting for a chance to pounce on the Button, too? 10 10 is a good hand, but my gut tells me you're going to be either a very small favorite or behind here. I'd probably muck it.

yabastid
08-05-2005, 04:25 PM
No way cutoff is gonna fold. He put in almost half his stack, so he is commited. If you come over the top he is gonna be getting about 5:1 to call. He'd have to be an [censored] to fold this. You just have to decide if you want to gamble with TT. His bet may be a low PP or a weak medium Ace. Good chance the button holds an Ace too. This might be a push. Gambool!

yabastid

08-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Yes, but if CO is tight and KNOWS that he's probably going to be put all-in by Button (assuming that Button has been going all-in in the face of raises), then he's probably got a pretty solid hand (at least two face cards and possibly a high PP). I dunno - I try situations that appear to be, at best, coin flips.

bengele
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
He has done it with limpers and when first to act

08-05-2005, 04:52 PM
Okay, so here's what you know:
(1) CO is tight and has bet half his stack, and will PROBABLY call for the rest, given the odds.
(2) Button has gone all-in the last four hands after suffering a loss that he deems unacceptable - seems like he's trying to commit sepuku... BUT, the difference here is that he's calling a big raise, not just trying to put limpers off their hands or get people to fold.

Assuming that CO doesn't fold (safe assumption), you're going to have 10 10 up against two players, and one of them might very well have a PP better than yours. Best case scenario is that they're both pushing with Ax, and you have them reaching for two remaining aces. The most likely case, however, in my mind, is that you're up against between 2 and 4 face cards, in which case you're looking at being a small favorite or a little less than even money (33%) against both opponents.

Too much of a gamble for me - I muck it up.

bengele
08-05-2005, 05:34 PM
Before posting I had decieded that folding was correct. My chip position is good and I can't be sure I will get it heads up. If it was heads up I think it would have been an easy call.

That was not what I did however. I called cutoff folded and button turned over AK. A 10 came on the flop and held up.