PDA

View Full Version : T.O. Groin Injury

keats
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
Any one think this might cause him to go back to his holdout? He might be discouraged knowing that its that easy to get injured and go back to planning on holding out throughout the season.

BreakfastBurrito
08-05-2005, 04:10 PM
I think this would significantly reduce his leverage, if he had any to begin with.

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Reid:

[ QUOTE ]

"T.O. has a history with his groin," the coach said. "He has strained his groin. It's a legitimate injury. Anybody should put to rest anything you are thinking. It's a legitimate injury. This guy would never do that. He's not that type of guy that would ever go that direction. That is my statement to you."

Though the injury is not thought to be serious, Reid said the Eagles would carefully watch Owens.

"I'm being cautious about it," the coach said. "I don't want it to get worse."

Owens did not comment about the injury.

Reid said Owens had groin problems at various times last season.

"It's a constant battle," Reid said. "He has had a chronic history of this and he works like crazy to get it strong, but it's an issue and we work through it."

Asked if he thought the fans might doubt Owens' injury status, Reid warned that they should not.

"You saw him out at [the afternoon] practice, and he was as into it as if he were playing," Reid said. "That's not the way he is made up. He doesn't go that direction."

Before the injury, Owens had an impressive morning workout.

With cornerback Roderick Hood defending him, Owens made a sensational 50-yard catch over his left shoulder during a one-on-one drill. He later beat second-year cornerback Dexter Wynn for a touchdown catch in the live scrimmage. Both passes came from quarterback Donovan McNabb, but neither man acknowledged the other after the plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

"T.O. has a history with his groin,"

[/ QUOTE ]

jakethebake
08-07-2005, 10:06 AM
Too bad he doesn't strain his mouth.