PDA

View Full Version : Bad play?...u be the judge

08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Playin a no limit $1/2 cash game (no max buy in..min $100)...after 5 hrs im up $350...set a time i wanted to leave and wanted to stick with it. 15mins before i thought about leaving i caught a good hand..AsQs. Raised $15 preflop. just me and one person heads up. Flopped top two pair, Ac 7c Qh. I bet the pot, $35 or so...after alot of hesitation, he unwilling called, easliy put him on a 4 flush to clubs. turn was a rag non-club, i wanted to take the pot write there and put in a $120 raise, again, after hesistation he calls. I still put him on a flush, considered maybe he was slow playin trips, but highly unlikely from he style. River card came...CLUB!. I knew he hit is flush, so i checked, he bet $50. Out of desperation i called the $50 (already close to $400 in the pot).

Not a bad play in my mind...just want some other opinions (and yes i know i was bet, but i had to call the $50 dollar bet at the end...so disregard that)

otnemem
08-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Wow, first post is a bad beat in the Gen. section. Welcome to the board.

ds914
08-05-2005, 03:56 PM
I don't think he was complaining about the bad beat -- I think he just wanted to know if the crying call was an obvious mistake.

If you were confident in your read, you could consider dropping it. But with a pot that big and holding top two pair, I can't think of many instances in which I'd have the courage to drop it. Then again, that's the reason I don't play no-limit. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ZBTHorton
08-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Your so pot committed there it's not even funny. Good read. Bad luck. Don't post bad beats.

spaminator101
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
im not sure it depended on how sure you were
i would probably fold but is you think he might not have the flush
i mean you are getting 9-1 on a call

Masquerade
08-05-2005, 04:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
..set a time i wanted to leave and wanted to stick with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bang! That was the bad play. In Limit, OK, but in No Limit you have to live totally in the "now" - in this case the hand. As soon as you think "I am going to quit in 20 mins" just quit immediately instead. It will influence your play.

otnemem
08-05-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think he was complaining about the bad beat -- I think he just wanted to know if the crying call was an obvious mistake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Judging by his own warning to disregard that aspect of the hand entirely, I'd have to respectfully disagree.