PDA

View Full Version : check bet or Fold?

FletchJr.
03-16-2003, 01:47 AM
im in early position with 10's. I raise it up, one mid pos caller and button calls.
Flop
34K rainbow I bet, call, call.
Turn
4 I bet, call, call.
River
5 Your up, utg. Check bet or call??
Comments on all streets welcome.

Tyler Durden
03-16-2003, 03:16 AM
I do not think you're holding the winner here. Checking would be a good play, if one guy bets and the other calls in front of you, you can be sure you're not folding the winner.

Because what are they calling the flop bet with? A weak King, something like KJ or KT?

If one guy bets and the other folds to his bet, you should call, but it's unlikely you're stacking chips.

FletchJr.
03-16-2003, 08:07 AM
Well Tyler my thought's were on the exact same train. The next player bet and the other called I folded. The man to my right had ace high, the other guy called him down with pocket 8's.
Even though the results were not favourable I belive I made the right decision.

lil'
03-16-2003, 11:40 AM
If we had some more info about the type of game or the type of players he was up against, we could make a better decision. Otherwise, we don't know what he's up against. Certain players I would be wary of in this situation. However, there are some games and some players where the other opponents could have crap.

What type of game is this? Who are your opponents?

Clarkmeister
03-16-2003, 11:49 AM
Bet, because most opponents will call with more hands than they will bet, but will always bet the hands that beat you.

If you do check, it is because they will bet more hands than they will call with, and thus you must check with the intention of calling because you have induced a bluff. The pot is too big to be folding against 2 players who have done nothing but react to your play and are praying you have AQ.

This situation is discussed in detail in Theory of Poker.