PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Vacation Suggestions

KJS
08-05-2005, 03:00 PM
I am gonna take a week off in late September and want to go sit on a beach, get drunk, read books, nap a lot and eat good food. Just me and the misses, so no need for a great party scene, but a some bar or liquor store nearby is a must.

I live in Seattle and my preference is to not spend forever flying somewhere. So Asia is out; it is just too far for a week-long trip.

Places I am considering are Sayulita, Mexico, Costa Rica, San Plas, Panama (pretty far but looks killer) and perhaps Hawaii. I am willing to pay a bit more in airfare if I can save $$ on lodging/food/beer.

Can anyone suggest a great beach? Thanks.

KJS

wh1t3bread
08-05-2005, 03:04 PM
Pretty much any spot on St. Johns (USVI). St. Thomas is nice too, but alot more developed.

Rushmore
08-05-2005, 03:11 PM
Hmmm, late September, willing to fly to Central/South America, beach, booze, not prohibitively expensive, hmmmm...

Well, I hate to state the obvious, but there is a little poker tournament in Aruba for the last week of September. I bet the sponsoring site (UB) would be able to hook you up with a decent room rate if you could come up with some way to justify it, like, for instance, playing in the tournament or saying you're going there to sweat someone who is playing, you know, something like that.

Or you could try to win your way in.

See you there!

Drew16
08-05-2005, 03:28 PM
Costa Rica - Playa Langosta

Laomedon
08-05-2005, 03:37 PM
St. Barth, although it's kind of hot this time of year.