PDA

View Full Version : AK unimproved

thatpfunk
08-05-2005, 02:34 PM
Party Poker (6 max, 6 handed)

Villian is loose but not especially good or bad. ~(64vpip/ 10pfr/ 1.5aggr)

On the river when I check I made the decision to call any bet from Villian if button folded.
converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">Hero raises to $4, Villian (UTG+1) raises to $10, 1 fold, Button calls $10, blinds fold, Hero calls $10</font>.

Flop:($30) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian checks, Button checks.

Turn:($30) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $10, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: ($50) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, Villian bets $20, Button folds, Hero calls $20.

stealyourface
08-05-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't see you winning this hand...

lose or split?

TheWorstPlayer
08-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Only thing I can see you losing to is 88 or similar which would explain his weakness on the flop. Really looks like ace high from him, though.

GoCubsGo
08-05-2005, 02:39 PM
Either fold to his reraise or lead the flop. If you're going to respect his raise and put him on a high pocket pair, fold. If you call then lead the flop.

Guin
08-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Against a player that loose why didn't you bet the flop for at least 2/3 pot?

That would help you define the hand of someone who has such a high VPIP. Something tells me that they had KJc or a hand similar to that...

Guin... doesn't like the river call but can't wait to hear the results. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thatpfunk
08-05-2005, 02:47 PM
2 people have suggested leading this flop...

What do we do if villian flat calls? The flop is pretty uncoordinated; it could be a huge waste of money. Also, button was a loose caller (he could have almost any 2 cards) and he seemed to have it out for me. I don't see leading in to 2 players with a pretty wide range of hands.

Villian is loose but he is not an especially loose raiser (~10pfr). I really dislike reraising him preflop. Once again, a flat call screws me OOP against two players,

Guin
09-01-2005, 01:03 PM
Betting the flop would back up your preflop raise. Looking just at the PFR% doesn't give much indication on what they would reraise with... usually I don't have enough hands on most to have much of a read on that.

It could be a huge waste of money to lead out with a raise but you ended up calling for $30 which I think would have been better spent on the flop by being the aggressor.

Guin... still too new to be sure... interested what others think...