PDA

View Full Version : ITM hand

DMACM
08-05-2005, 02:21 PM
Opponent was a good player

***** Hand History for Game 2482343466 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee Trny:14567434 Level:7 Blinds(150/300) - Friday, August 05, 14:19:20 EDT 2005
Table Table 11232 (Real Money)
Seat 8 is the button
Total number of players : 3
Seat 8: osanyi ( $5020 )
Seat 3: SitInBackRow ( $1609 )
Seat 1: birdlady329 ( $1371 )
Trny:14567434 Level:7
Blinds(150/300)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to SitInBackRow [ 8s Ks ]
>You have options at Table 11234 Table!.
osanyi folds.
>You have options at Table 11099 Table!.
birdlady329 is all-In [1221]
SitInBackRow ?????

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 02:23 PM
I call.

Matt R.
08-05-2005, 02:26 PM
I'd call and hate it. In your position, your best stealing opportunity is from the big stack's BB -- which royally sucks. I think K8s is a "grit my teeth and call" with the blinds this huge. Also, look at your stack relative to birdlady after you post the SB next hand -- folding is an even crappier option I think.

Ixnert
08-05-2005, 02:27 PM
Any read on how the big stack was reacting to your raises when you're in the SB? Unless big stack is particularly loose, I fold and steal with almost anything next hand; I suspect this is one of those cases where you calling is -EV for both of you.

11t
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
You MUST call this versus anybody playing by the "formula" and could be pushing with any 2 cards. Assuming he has been abusing your BB.

K high is too good HU and you have him covered. Of course if he has been playing tight than his range is much smaller and this becomes an easy fold.

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Any read on how the big stack was reacting to your raises when you're in the SB? Unless big stack is particularly loose, I fold and steal with almost anything next hand; I suspect this is one of those cases where you calling is -EV for both of you.

[/ QUOTE ]

No way. SB is probably stealing here with way too many hands. I'd put him on Qx or lower personally.

If by chance he has an Ax, well, oh well.

This hand is too good ITM with a SB steal staring you in the face.

If this is the bubble with another stack around your size, I'd fold quickly.

On the next hand the BB would be correct to call you with most of his hands.

DMACM
08-05-2005, 02:31 PM
No real read on the BB. My instict was that he was gonna call a push the next hand but im not sure if that was based on his stack or his play. I did end up calling.

schwza
08-05-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd put him on Qx or lower personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes no sense at all. you're making up a read that he would just complete with hands like K6, AQ, 99, etc. if you want to say he is pushing with any 2, that's at least plausible.

fwiw, i think it's a call, and it's kinda close, but not that close.

Ixnert
08-05-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No way. SB is probably stealing here with way too many hands. I'd put him on Qx or lower personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly do you specifically put him on Qx or lower? He wouldn't push with Ax, Kx? That seems like a strange assumption.

This is an $10+1. Hardly anybody really steals with any two there, even the good 11ers. Isn't K8s only a little above 50/50 against any two, which means you're probably behind against villain's actual likely pushing range? (At the very worst, I'd put this at pairs, Ax, Kx, Qx, J7+ or so; you're well behind that range, and I'd say this is stretching it.)

On top of that, I don't think you can assume a call from bigstack next hand is automatic. Maybe top 80%, but if he picks up 63o, I'd be really surprised if you get a call, even if he's telling himself now that he'll call you with any two.

Between these, unless you're really sure SB is a 2+2er or someone else who really does drink the push any two kool-aid and absent any other reads, I'd fold and take my chances with my random hand against big stack's random hand next hand.

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 03:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd put him on Qx or lower personally.

[/ QUOTE ]

this makes no sense at all. you're making up a read that he would just complete with hands like K6, AQ, 99, etc. if you want to say he is pushing with any 2, that's at least plausible.

fwiw, i think it's a call, and it's kinda close, but not that close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was random. I shouldn't have mentioned a range. And I even thought about taking that part out. But my point of the range is that, yes, in fact, he's pushing with any two except the worst two and I think yo're king high is going to be the highest card.

Disregard the range ... /images/graemlins/smile.gif

DyessMan89
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
This is a very easy call. Given the situation, SB will be going all-in here with any 2 cards, which is a good startegy. You only have 5X the BB and will have less than that after posting your next blind. I call, expect him to flip over a hand like T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif, and hopefully win the pot. /images/graemlins/grin.gif