PDA

View Full Version : ...a tournament that will never hit television!

el kang
08-05-2005, 02:12 PM
If you're interested in reading about tournaments. I submit the following:

Bellagio Challenge Cup (http://www.gutshot.com/articles/361.html)
After a very tough field of top pros from all over, a notable final table emerged. Fit for TV editing, it had media shy Tobey Maguire, recently discovered pros fresh off the WSOP and established personalities like 1998 WSOP champion Scotty Nguyen.

Old news for some of you (the tourney ended on the 21st)... but I have a lot more detail and hopefully you'll enjoy the story. Feel free to bash me too - some of my writing deserves it.

I'm hoping that 2+2 readers in the know will get some of the more subtle nuances (not so much poker related) and expand on the limited and basic analysis. I have full hand histories if people want to comment on hands.

Quicksilvre
08-05-2005, 06:50 PM
I read the live updates at CardPlayer. I remember it seeming a lot better for television than most of the WPT and WSOP silliness.

Army Eye
08-05-2005, 07:37 PM
So Erik123 was playing in the big game. That's pretty sweet.

el kang
08-06-2005, 09:07 PM
I personally feel that covering something on TV tends to make the game a bit worse especially with less experienced players (who tighten up and yet game play slows). But, it would have made great TV because of the play. Nice balance of styles at the table.

Keep in mind though that CardPlayer coverage for this event was pretty good. A lot of the best parts of the WSOP never make it outside the people at the table and a few others.

popniklas
08-07-2005, 02:17 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
So Erik123 was playing in the big game. That's pretty sweet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Where did you read about this?