PDA

View Full Version : Defense in H2H against a constent check-raise

CollinEstes
08-05-2005, 01:52 PM
Over the past two days I have played it down to the wire about 6 times and the people I struggled playing heads-up with the most where the guys that would check-raise almost everytime.

What is a good way to combat this when: You have about 1/2 his stack, and when he has about 1/2 your stack?

rvg72
08-05-2005, 03:34 PM
Pushing all your chips in preflop might be the best play especially if the blinds are reasonable high. That completely negates this check-raise strategy.

Otherwise check his check if you are drawing to get the free cards or you could try to trap him. You could also reraise his check raise all-in if you have something decent (and assuming he hadn't gone all in on the check raise).

rvg

schwza
08-05-2005, 03:39 PM
huh? how many flops are you seeing? do you mean that they just complete the SB then reraise? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
You have about 1/2 his stack, and when he has about 1/2 your stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

it doesn't really matter. in either case, your effective stack and his are the same (1/3 of the chips in play).

Wes ManTooth
08-05-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What is a good way to combat this when: You have about 1/2 his stack, and when he has about 1/2 your stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

To combat this is dependant on what is the current situation... is it preflop, post flop, in or out of position, what is the blinds in relation to your stack, etc.
Overall I think randomize your plan in different situations, this will help confuse your opponent and make him second-guess his decisions.