PDA

View Full Version : Hello, The field was tight when the. Bull

SittingBull
03-15-2003, 11:53 PM
had (3,5) K rainbow,live cards on 3rd. against two players--the bring-in and a medium up-card player who called the bring-in.
Hmmm The Bull has been folding many 3rd Str. hands for the last Hr.

There is 2.00 in the pot.
What's the Bull's play on 3rd??
Hmmm
H /forums/images/icons/cool.gif appy pokering,
Sitting Bull

Andy B
03-16-2003, 01:35 AM
I've had a beer or four tonight, but continue folding. It ain't close. You've got nothing. The limper isn't going to fold, and there's nothing in the pot. Wait for a better gambling opportunity. Since Jim Brier has apparently given up posting, writing for Card Player, and gambling in general, I think I'll take that for my own--wait for a better gambling opportunity. Maybe I'll have another beer....

patrick dicaprio
03-16-2003, 10:28 AM
unless you have some reason to think you can raise and take the pot, even if you haev to bet on fourth then you should fold. given the money in the pot it is probably not worth raising.

Pat

SittingBull
03-16-2003, 11:11 PM
that's more then 1BB/Hr. In a 6 Hr. session,that's about
6BB. This is substantial OVER TIME.
Happy Pokering,
SittingBull

SittingBull
03-16-2003, 11:15 PM
a valid reason to RAISE.
He decided to play the players AND his own "tight image".
These were reasonable players who were observing my frequent folding.
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

SittingBull
03-16-2003, 11:22 PM
and RAISED. He took down 2.00 and looked for more frequent opportunities to snap up other 2.00 pots from these tight players.
Happy pokering,
SittingBull
/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Andy B
03-17-2003, 01:08 AM
Nice hit. I still think that it's not going to work often enough to be worthwhile. Most limpers are going to call a raise, right? If you raise $2 or $3, he's quite likely to call, and if you raise $5, your risk-to-reward ratio is atrocious.

My feeling is that life is too short to sit in a tight $1-5 game, but that's just me.

SittingBull
03-17-2003, 01:42 PM
both fronts: a limper USUALLY calls when he already has some money in the pot AND I should not be wasting my time at a tight 1/5 no ante game.
However,when U are dealing with very tight 3rd Str. players,it is very rare that they will call the 1BB raise agaist what they perceive as a split pair of K's.
They just will not gamble like this.
This is Y one must pick his spots very carefully--because of the risks/reward ratio.
After playing with these two players for about 1 hr., I knew their playing style quite well.
In fact,one player was checking his big pair,like A's,on 4th St when it was his turn to act.
He wanted U to do the betting while he would just call.
Also,he would bet 1 or 2 chips with a big 3rd Str. pair. Hence,I was able to play my drawing hands cheaply.
The reason for NOT changing tables was that I wanted to obtain some experience playing with a tight field and to experiment with some of my hands.
I was playing this session mainly for the "educational benefits".
However,I did manage to obtain enough for 2 steak dinners(LOL)!
I also had some fun experimenting.
H /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif appy pokering,
SittingBull