PDA

View Full Version : Raising 65 suited

ahnuld
08-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Playing some 2-4 nl on Prima. I like to mix things up some times and occasionally raise with PP and suited connectors like all good players do. 4 limpers to me. I make it 24 to go with 5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I get two callers who both have me covered.

Flop comes T /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet 52 into 80 pot. 1 caller. Turn is the T /images/graemlins/heart.gif Checked to me, I check behind. (Is this weak, let me know..)

River T /images/graemlins/club.gif He bets 28 into 184 pot. I raise to 140. Thoughts? BTW no reads on villan, I just sat down and he's not in my PT

fanmail
08-05-2005, 01:11 PM
any Q is calling you. The 10 is reraising. I think you need to bet the turn in order to do this. Or you fold a non-spade river.

Niwa
08-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Most hands with a piece of that board will likely call that river. What were you trying to represent anyway? - If you think of an overpair I would rule it out since you checked the turn.

Checking the turn ruined your line imo.

ahnuld
08-05-2005, 01:23 PM
I dont think checking the turn ruins any sort of overpair representation. If I had an overpair, I'd play it this way since and T or bottom set are likely holdings. Im not sure If opponent knows this but I will often check my AA or KK here.

thabadguy
08-05-2005, 01:29 PM
If you check this turn with AA, KK often what do u do on spade river?? Check/Fold?

ahnuld
08-05-2005, 01:33 PM
I dont often do it, maybe 33% of the time. Normally this induces a bluff. The good thing is that these river bets are never really more than half pot sized bets so I generally call them when they occur. As well, if it misses, I can value bet my AA KK and get paid of by the Q.

thabadguy
08-05-2005, 01:37 PM
Ive never played 2-4 but is it common for them to bet half-pot when they flush??
Do you fold if turn is potted?
Not betting turn is a mistake, i think you're trying too hard to not lose you're stack to a set with AA/KK, with 100bb's thats not a very good strategy, especially if it comes with the cost of not charging a potential flush draw.

ahnuld
08-05-2005, 01:41 PM
The reason Im afraid of the sets so much is becuase at 2-4 players are alot less agressive. I make most of my money by raising preflop and continuation betting. I take down 75% of flops I raised uncontested.