PDA

View Full Version : No comments on the other one? How about this?

DarrenX
08-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Same $215, no read.

***** Hand History for Game 2479558649 *****
15/30 Tourney Texas Hold'em Game Table (NL) (Tournament 14554452) - Thu Aug 04 22:58:47 EDT 2005
Table Table 12343 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 1: Kaila (1000)
Seat 2: DarrenX (1000)
Seat 3: MichaelN07 (1435)
Seat 4: PlayDontChat (1000)
Seat 5: sherrie113 (1000)
Seat 6: coach257 (1000)
Seat 7: tsunama (580)
Seat 8: XXXgames (985)
Seat 9: Toothpicky (1000)
Seat 10: Ramboncter (1000)
XXXgames posts small blind (10)
Toothpicky posts big blind (15)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to DarrenX [ 9d, Td ]
Ramboncter folds.
Kaila folds.
DarrenX calls (15)
MichaelN07 folds.
PlayDontChat folds.
sherrie113 calls (15)
coach257 raises (45) to 45
tsunama folds.
XXXgames folds.
Toothpicky calls (30)
DarrenX calls (30)
sherrie113 calls (30)
** Dealing Flop ** : [ 6d, Ts, 2c ]
Toothpicky checks.
DarrenX checks.
sherrie113 checks.
coach257 bets (75)
Toothpicky folds.
DarrenX calls (75)
sherrie113 folds.
** Dealing Turn ** : [ Ac ]
DarrenX checks.
coach257 bets (45)
DarrenX calls (45)
** Dealing River ** : [ 6c ]
DarrenX checks.
coach257 bets (175)
DarrenX folds.

Matt R.
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
I'd raise his weak turn bet if you're going to continue with the hand.

J-Lo
08-05-2005, 01:04 PM
Isn't this a terrible leak? You are bleeding away chips at lvl 1... fold preflop?
Fold on the flop-- you DIDN'T hit a monster
Turn bet by villain is a "please rasie me so i can push" type of bet

Matt R.
08-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Oh, for some reason I thought he was in the blinds.

I don't really like open-limping here. Maybe with better position or if a couple of other people are in the pot, but not here usually. I think playing it in this situation will cause you to "bleed" chips on a flop like this as J-Lo said.

durron597
08-05-2005, 01:12 PM
I MUCH prefer a flop c/r here. I don't like giving free cards to AK and you find out if he has a big pair real fast if you c/r.

The other option is to c/f, and that depends on whether you think it's more likely he has a big pair or not.

pooh74
08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I MUCH prefer a flop c/r here. I don't like giving free cards to AK and you find out if he has a big pair real fast if you c/r.

The other option is to c/f, and that depends on whether you think it's more likely he has a big pair or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, this hand is akin to limping with 77 and the flop coming 246 rainbow and you calling the flop. You are playing suited connectors bc they can become huge hands because you hope they will get payed off. Otherwise, don't play T9s for value.

Once in a while, like the 77 example (where usually "no set, no bet" policy dictates your play), you'll hit a flop w/o flush or str8 draws but you may still be on top. For that reason, you cannot play it passively, fold or raise...no calling allowed because it is so vulnerable.

That is why so many around here, especially the party poker peeps, fold this preflop. I wouldnt fold this preflop all of the time (especially with others who will easily pay off at the table), but I play deeper stacks, and I often will fold top pair with suited connectors to ANY bet when I dont have a good draw to accompany it. Especially mutltiway.

pooh

pooh74
08-05-2005, 01:35 PM
Anyway, this is a 215 so why am i giving you advice?

DarrenX
08-05-2005, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the responses. For the record, my thoughts were as follows:

Contrary to most players on this board, I'm loving the suited connectors pretty much any position for a limp 1st level- guess it makes for some tougher decisions down the road, eh? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

The raise to 45 after a couple limpers is weak- someone who had a better idea of what they were doing would most likely make a more substantial raise... I'm definitely getting the odds to call preflop, so I do.

On the flop I hit Tp, but I could be against a premium pair (as it was a raised pot)- I check to the raiser to see what's up, and he bets semi-weak. Normally I think it calls for a check/raise here to see where I am- HOWEVER, I've noticed that a lot of advice I've received here has said that I tend to make large pots with marginal hands. So at the last second I decided just to call and see what happens on the turn.

The ace was a pretty bad card to see on the turn. His tiny bet I read the same as another responder, that he was screaming for me to go over the top so he could push. It was too small not to call and hope for a 9 or T, so I called. The river brought no help and he put in a decent size bet, so I'm gone.

In retrospect, I think a better line may be to lead out with a 2/3 pot bet and fold to a raise, slow down against a flat-call.

DarrenX
08-05-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyway, this is a 215 so why am i giving you advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, another perspective never hurts. Thanks for the response! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unarmed
08-05-2005, 04:53 PM
I play SC in LP only. Playing draws OOP is a good way to bleed chips and/or bust out on level 1. That said, I think you should definitely lead that turn if you want to take this one down. There's no reason you can't have AT given the action thus far and it probably wasn't a real happy card for Villain.