PDA

View Full Version : Thinking too much? Not thinking Enough? 5-10 NL

AdamBragar
08-05-2005, 12:10 PM
5-10 NL online 10 handed.

I am in the SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 3 players limp. I call. BB checks.

Flop: A J 7 rainbow
Pot: 50

I (~1600) bet out 50. Folded to cutoff (~900) who calls.

Turn: 6
Pot: 150

I bet out 90. I am raised to 250. I call (???).

River: 10
Pot: 650

I check, villain bets out 350, I call.

What could villain possibly have here. Was calling the turn ok?

ahnuld
08-05-2005, 12:51 PM
I dunno, but to me this seems like a limped AJ or maybe 77, but with you holding the 7, Im putting money on AJ. I think I fold the turn, and Im pretty confident you lost this.

08-05-2005, 12:56 PM
Given the info available, my thoughts are A-J or A-10 or J-7s (if he's a loose caller)as most likely holdings. There is also the posibility of 7-7. The only hand in this range that you can beat is the J-7. You should probably give this one up. What's your read on the villian?

AdamBragar
08-05-2005, 01:16 PM
Just to clarify, I was thinking of reraising the turn, not folding.

jrforman
08-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Are you calling the turn b/c you think your ahead? If so, why not shove your stack in there, he has 1/3 of his stack committed...

08-05-2005, 01:22 PM
The only way I see re-raising the turn as being a good move is if you have compelling info that he is on a weak ace and has you on some sort of a steal. His play says 'I can beat one pair' to me. If that is the case, a re-raise might leave you drawing super thin.

slickpoppa
08-05-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5-10 NL online 10 handed.

I am in the SB with A /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif. 3 players limp. I call. BB checks.

Flop: A J 7 rainbow
Pot: 50

I (~1600) bet out 50. Folded to cutoff (~900) who calls.

Turn: 6
Pot: 150

I bet out 90. I am raised to 250. I call (???).

River: 10
Pot: 650

I check, villain bets out 350, I call.

What could villain possibly have here. Was calling the turn ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its hard to put him on AJ because he didnt raise PF from the CO, and 77 is unlikely because you have a 7. I think A6 is his most likely holding. I think you played it fine. You are either drawing to two outs, or he is drawing to 2 or 3 outs. In situations like that it is often best to check call since you dont really have to worry about protecting your hand, but you also dont want to create a huge pot out of position. Sometimes you are going to be beat, but I think you are ahead enough for calling to be +EV

Marlow
08-05-2005, 01:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Its hard to put him on AJ because he didnt raise PF from the CO, and 77 is unlikely because you have a 7

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate raising with AJo with two limpers in front (unless limpers and BB are pretty tight, and I think there's a decent chance I win it outright). Do others do this that commonly?

Also, is AQ possible? Not very likely, but certainly a consideration.

We do need more info about villian, tho.

Marlow

slickpoppa
08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Its hard to put him on AJ because he didnt raise PF from the CO, and 77 is unlikely because you have a 7

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate raising with AJo with two limpers in front (unless limpers and BB are pretty tight, and I think there's a decent chance I win it outright). Do others do this that commonly?

Also, is AQ possible? Not very likely, but certainly a consideration.

We do need more info about villian, tho.

Marlow

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll limp sometimes with AJo as well. I'm not writing off AJ as a possibility, but it is one of the few hands that beats him, whereas there are many more hands that he beats. The villain may have just raised the turn because the hero was OOP and in the blinds (some people like to assume that the blinds never have a real hand).

TomCollins
08-05-2005, 02:20 PM
I have a hard time folding here, but think that I am beat a decent amount of the time. You'll be shown AK or A6 or even air enough of the time to call profitably here.

AdamBragar
08-05-2005, 02:22 PM
After a bunch of thinking about this hand, I've decided my play is fine. I really didn't think AJ was a possibility, cause I felt like he was a player who raised enough in late position to raise that. At the time, I thought A6 was a distinct possibility, but then again, that's the only hand I thought I beat (actually, I thought 67 was a possibility too). However, I realize, there's not many pretty ways this hand plays out if I push.

Oh yeah, on a sidenote, he was making a play at the pot with KQ. However, he's better than me and hit his 10 on the river.