PDA

View Full Version : Flopped Quads and no Callers

08-05-2005, 10:50 AM
3rd level on a Party 22. I was dealt 6 6 and limped. There were no raises, four players saw flop, which came 6 6 9, rainbow. I was first and bet 50 (minimum), hoping someone would think I was bluffing to steal and raise. Is this a dumb thought process? After thinking about it, I'm afraid the move is transparent, and that a check/raise or a pot bet would have been better plays to coax people in.

tigerite
08-05-2005, 10:52 AM
Sometimes people just don't have a hand, it happens I'm afraid.

EnderFFX
08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
With that many people and that strong a hand I might wait till the river to bet, hoping someone catches a piece along the way, or someone gets the guts to bluff.

tigerite
08-05-2005, 10:56 AM
I have to agree on this board I wouldn't bet. Too little chance anyone has anything, if it was 66A then it's more appealing to bet..

Wes ManTooth
08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I was first and bet 50 (minimum), hoping someone would think I was bluffing to steal and raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to be tricky with this hand; check/call, check/call, raise on the river.

liucipher
08-05-2005, 10:59 AM
If people weren't willing to call 50, chances are no one was going to stab at it on the flop either. Your best hope would have been to let the next two cards come and hope someone caught a hand.

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 11:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sometimes people just don't have a hand, it happens I'm afraid.

[/ QUOTE ]

People usually dont' have a hand, when you're using all of the cards on the board in your hand /images/graemlins/smile.gif

benza13
08-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Flopping quads in an unraised pot usually results in a very small win, unless you are lucky enough to have someone else catch a piece of the flop. Basically no turn card scares you, so don't worry about giving free cards and letting someone catch so that they will bet, or maybe someone will bluff, but leading out is rarely a positive play with quads unless the other card is high like others have mentioned.

08-05-2005, 11:14 AM
Check this flop. Your hand will beat everyone's so give them time to pay you off instead of doing it immediately and scaring them away.

brimstone1
08-05-2005, 11:25 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2567201&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=#Post2567201

a thread that had caused some discussion, again about flopping quads, hope it helps.

pooh74
08-05-2005, 11:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3rd level on a Party 22. I was dealt 6 6 and limped. There were no raises, four players saw flop, which came 6 6 9, rainbow. I was first and bet 50 (minimum), hoping someone would think I was bluffing to steal and raise. Is this a dumb thought process? After thinking about it, I'm afraid the move is transparent, and that a check/raise or a pot bet would have been better plays to coax people in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually what I do..... lol....

Actually you have to protect your quads against draws to better quads...Quad As I would slowplay, but 6s are just too vulnerable.

Kidding aside, I would check it hoping someone fills up...then I would lay down a massive overbet on the river looking like I was trying to buy it maybe. Or I'd set myself on fire and run out into the street and get hit by a bus.