PDA

View Full Version : Pushing back from the SB with this?

People_Mover
08-05-2005, 10:30 AM
Bubble time at Party 10 + 1. Down to 180ish from 1800.

Blinds 75/150. Table playing extra tight. Last 6 hands haven't gone past pre-flop due to blind stealing.

Hero has 2900ish after donking off 30% chasing a flush that never got there.

Folds to Button (7K) who raises to 600. Hero looks at 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Push back or let her go....

sekrah
08-05-2005, 10:31 AM
Let it go.. 19 BB behind, no reason to try something here with a weak hand.

AceHiStation
08-05-2005, 10:42 AM
If you perceive him as tight its not a horrible push. You're not pushing because you think your cards are good, you're pushing because you want to steal his steal. You say the table is tight so this is the time for a resteal. If you have a tilted image from missing your flush and most likely folding to the river, this may be another story. I'm not sure in a 10+1... but at a higher buy-in you will see a fold 95% of the time.

sekrah
08-05-2005, 11:06 AM
If I push to steal, I want live cards, not a dingy pocket pair.

You're only getting called by A-K or a pocket pair.. Your best hope is A-K.. I want a small-middle suited connector when I make a steal.

locutus2002
08-05-2005, 11:38 AM
What I want and what I'm dealt are often two different things.

Pushing here is fine if you think villain will throw down.

sekrah
08-05-2005, 11:45 AM
Why push at every opportunity though? I think this is where alot of 2+2'ers go wrong. This is totally table image dependant. Your table image, how many times you've done this in the past several orbits, and villian's table image, is he raising with garbage all the time, will he lay down without a monster Top 5 hand?

You could make a case where there's scenarios for pushing all in about 4 or 5 times during every orbit. If you just pushed 3 out of the last 8 hands like this, slow the heck down.

Sheesh.. Just fold already, what's the rush.. If you're going to push though, do it with live cards that stand a chance vs A-A, K-K, Q-Q, J-J.. 3-3 sucks. You go from 4.8:1 dog to a 3.3:1 dog with a suited connector.

RodBlizz42
08-05-2005, 12:29 PM
i dont like a push here if you get called i am sure you are going to get the worst of it-blind stealing is a part of the game i do it and i know you do too-now if the same guy has stolen my blind 6 times in a row i might be tempted to push but we have to think clearly the best you could pray for if you are called with threes is a coin flip (not good) you could be up against a bigger pair (4-1 underdog in the posts i know people refer to themselves as hero but we dont want our hero's name to be Underdog) let him have your 150 you are not starving at this point, if he takes your 150 with say a 600 raise 4 times and we catch him and re raise he can do it 4 times and we only have to catch him once to win all our money back keep that in mind-dont do something stupid in a tournament because of your pride play good poker as with case with all theieves they get caught-remeber that the button can push you around they have more chips then us which means they can put us all in at anytime /images/graemlins/smile.gif