PDA

View Full Version : Who makes more?

jackdaniels
08-05-2005, 10:29 AM
You or your significant other?

As roles change in our society we find that mroe and more households are dual income. In this forum we also have quite a few people who have decided to embark on a P*ker journey and quit whatever job they had previously. How do these things affect your household income and does the wife now make more than the " man of the house "?

P.S. If you are the wife, please elaborate on this in the thread as that will skew the results of the poll.

jakethebake
08-05-2005, 10:39 AM
The wife stays home with the kids now, but when she worked I made a lot more.

benza13
08-05-2005, 10:57 AM
My girlfriend and I each just finished our masters. She got hers in accounting and got a job with a big 4 firm. I got mine in political science, kinda decided I would rather make money online somehow while the getting is still good. I should make more than her for a couple years. When I get a real job things will probably change, especially since she'll have moved up in her company or onto a private one by then.

Patrick del Poker Grande
08-05-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
P.S. If you are the wife, please elaborate on this in the thread as that will skew the results of the poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really wanted a husband vs. wife poll, why didn't you make the poll "which makes more in your family: husband or wife?"

LSUfan1
08-05-2005, 11:22 AM
I am currently a stay at home dad, so my wife doesn't need to make much to out-earn me at this point. We were both making in the mid-40's when my son was born, but since then I am finishing my degree and she has moved up nicely.

I will be back to work in another year or 2, but by then it will take a good bit of work for me to catch her. I don't mind though.....she's not greedy! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jackdaniels
08-05-2005, 12:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If you really wanted a husband vs. wife poll, why didn't you make the poll "which makes more in your family: husband or wife?"

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have been smart. I am not always smart.

Alobar
08-05-2005, 12:52 PM
I sooooo hope I meet a girl who makes more than me. I don't have any of that "I've got a penis, I should make more" ego crap. I want to meet some girl who pulls in the bank so I don't gotta do [censored] all day but stay home and play even less poker than I do now.

Claunchy
08-05-2005, 12:54 PM
You also should have put a choice for "about the same," as that is the case in my house.

CCass
08-05-2005, 03:35 PM
I make about 60% of our household income.

swede123
08-05-2005, 03:45 PM
Right now, I make all the money while she's spending tens of thousands per semester in Med school. Once she is done with school and internships, residences etc. she'll be my sugar mama. Keep your eye on the finish line!

Swede

Swede

HopeydaFish
08-05-2005, 04:13 PM
I make more than my girlfriend, but only because she recently took a voluntary buy-out from the company she was working for and isn't currently working. When she was working, she was making about 50% more than I am. However, when she goes back to work, she'll be lucky to find a job that pays her around what I'm making now. She was overpaid for the work she was doing, but was hired during the big .com boom and was overpaid right from the get-go. Consequently, this is also why they offered her the buy-out.

ddubois
08-05-2005, 05:31 PM
My wife has a Masters in Social Work, which has roughly the income-earning potential of "Would you like fries with that?". Currently she's a stay at home mom, because 1) paying for day care would cost as much as she would make and 2) people should raise their own kids.