PDA

View Full Version : * Open Challenge August: Pairings *

ds914
08-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Pairing for the August Open Challenge are posted below. We had to handicap one match-up and form one team; otherwise, everything matched up pretty well.

We’ll go ahead report our first sets of numbers NEXT week. All hands played since Aug. 1 count toward this month’s total.

If you have any questions about the rules, please see the original rules thread (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=holdem&Number=2772909& fpart=1&PHPSESSID=).

DETERMINING HAND TOTALS: Here are Emmitt2222’s rules for counting hands: “All hands will count for any game that you are a winner or trying to learn/win at. All live hands count as 35/hour and all hands that you don't/can't put into Poker Tracker online (like some tourneys or SNGs) I think should count as 50/table/hour to err on the side of caution.”

PAIRINGS
XXXNoahXXX vs. damaniac
ds914 vs. bottomset
durs vs. JinX11
wikenite vs. jba
Ponks vs. lozen
dealer_toe vs. fimbulwinter
STILLBR vs. Transference
Cosimo vs. Chairman Wood
edge vs. sublime
jrbick vs. ike (2.5:1 handicap)
TMFS9 & LozColbert vs. Brian

So get playing. We’ll announce our first sets of numbers on Aug. 11.

csuf_gambler
08-06-2005, 04:42 AM
rich franklin is the man

stillbr
08-06-2005, 09:55 AM
Went to my parents place for 4 days, where their internet keeps going out. I was planning on getting alot of hands in. Also, I am headed to Tunica next week for 5 days. I am really gonna have some catching up to do the 2nd half of the month.

ds914
08-06-2005, 12:02 PM
A true hometown hero. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Just started getting into MMA, and he's a big reason why.

XXXNoahXXX
08-09-2005, 12:01 PM
What do I do about heads up? I play a nightly heads up game and we average 100+ hands an hour, for an hour every night. I'm guessing these don't count towards my total? (In the future I can include them in my estimate if they should count as something.)

ds914
08-11-2005, 09:05 AM
In Emmitt2222's original rules thread, he states that "All hands will count for any game that you are a winner or trying to learn/win at." It sounds like the heads-up thing is something you're working on improving, so I don't see why you wouldn't count them.