PDA

View Full Version : Stop and go bluff - who likes ?

fuzzbox
08-05-2005, 05:37 AM
2/4 400 PP NL 6-max

Hero (400) SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gifJ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Villain (500) CO

Preflop
Folded to villain who makes it 10 to play, I call, BB calls.

Flop (30)
8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif8/images/graemlins/spade.gif2/images/graemlins/spade.gif
hero checks, bb checks, villain bets 10, hero calls, bb folds (good news).

Turn (50)
3/images/graemlins/club.gif
Hero bets 35, villain thinks and thinks and makes it 70, hero makes it 150 .....

anybody like ?

xorbie
08-05-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm pretty sure he has an overpair, possibly a sexy looking one. Forcing villains to lay down big pairs to your obvious trips while rather fun is probably -EV.

BirdieLongSocks
08-05-2005, 05:42 AM
What hand are you trying to represent?

If you planned on bluffing at this c/r flop most be alot easier.

MTBlue
08-05-2005, 05:58 AM
I don't mind it. Party 400 plays redicously weak-tight in general so you have considerable fold equity. Unfortunately, the thinking and then min raise often times means a huge hand in my experience. The other problem is that the reraise is so small that the villain may trouble folding even if he thinks he's beat. I think the push overtop of the minraise is a much more effective way to fold an opponent.

fuzzbox
08-05-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure he has an overpair, possibly a sexy looking one. Forcing villains to lay down big pairs to your obvious trips while rather fun is probably -EV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im trying to represent the 8. I think he has a mid level pair, not necessarily AA-JJ. More like 99/88/77/66 kinda stuff. I dont think he has an 8, but is testing his pair with a minraise.

fuzzbox
08-05-2005, 06:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What hand are you trying to represent?

If you planned on bluffing at this c/r flop most be alot easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who c/r here with an 8 ?

fuzzbox
08-05-2005, 06:40 AM
When villain made it 10 pf, thats quite a small raise, and usually means a medium kind of hand.

the 882 flop almost certainly didnt help villain, so I fancied trying to take it away on the turn (I just called the flop, because BB might wake up with an 8). When BB folded, that was good. Then the 3 came off, which again almost certainly didnt help villain.

I lead the turn, and he thinks for ages and minraises. Im pretty sure he has no 8, and that he has no 33/22 so that means he probably has a pair, and its likely to be in the 66-TT range, and is testing me out. I wagered 150 that he didnt have an 8, and would lay down. If he called, I felt I had 6 outs, and I could always try another shot at the river so I was careful to leave myself some ammo to fire at the river.

Anyway - villain folded and MHIG.

Villain folded and