PDA

View Full Version : The Killers

DCJ311
08-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Obviously this band is not exactly brand new, but I just listened to their album "Hot Fuss", and I think it is pretty solid, although the band clearly has a few holes. I don't recommend many pop albums but I like this one quite a bit, especially the first song, "Jenny Was a Friend of Mine", as well as the other popular tracks you'd hear on the radio. Anyone else have an opinion of this album?

08-05-2005, 05:40 AM
Have you seen their video on MTV ? I can't remember what the song name was but it shows them running away from some girls who are trying to kill them or something. It's pretty good.

smokingrobot
08-05-2005, 05:57 AM
the one single they released is a fun track, but the rest is just the same [censored] over and over again.i'lll pick upa strokes album or franz ferdinand if i want this sound.

whiskeytown
08-05-2005, 06:41 AM
the last single - all these things I've done - is cool -

reminds me of a Big Country riff.

RB

trying2learn
08-05-2005, 04:46 PM
all these things that i've done is also the video that was mentioned with them running away from the women.

it's in black and white and it's a battle between, 'the killers' and, 'the killer sluts'. the band steals the sign and it ends up burried to where it just says, 'the killers'.

the, "i've got soul but i'm not a soldier" line is f'n great.

mason55
08-05-2005, 05:11 PM
giant catfish

augie00
08-05-2005, 05:36 PM
I got soul...but I'm not a soldier

wjmooner
08-05-2005, 06:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got soul...but I'm not a soldier

[/ QUOTE ]

stinkypete
08-05-2005, 06:17 PM
it's a good album, with the exception of the retardedly annoying "jenny was a friend of mine". that song sucks ass.

08-05-2005, 06:23 PM
I got a feeling , though in about 3 years, we won't know who the hell these "killers" are. The more time that passes the dumber "I got soul but I'm not a soldier... " sounds. How long do you think it would take any one of us to come up with something like that ?

trying2learn
08-05-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a feeling , though in about 3 years, we won't know who the hell these "killers" are. The more time that passes the dumber "I got soul but I'm not a soldier... " sounds. How long do you think it would take any one of us to come up with something like that ?

[/ QUOTE ]

but we didn't...and it's cool. typical hater line.