PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Poker prophecy

yabastid
08-05-2005, 05:12 AM
Is it still going? I've never used it, but some guy kept talking smack at my table about who was a fish, who was good, what his prophecy number was, all this crap. What's the deal?

CaptSensible
08-05-2005, 05:25 AM
It's still going but not as software anymore since it is now banned by Party Poker. You can however input player names on the Pokerprophecy site and still get results.

Burno
08-05-2005, 06:06 AM
First of all, anyone who tells others at the table about prophecy and gives out their numbers is a douche. If he said anything remotely out of line I would report him to Party in the slim hopes they remove his chat.

Second of all, don't put too much stock in prophecy numbers. I'm suspicious of their claims to capture 75% of all SNG's.

I'm ranked in the top 50 right now with a win % of over 50% over 300 odd SNG's. I wish.

Obviously my ITM is not over or near 50%, it's at 39-40%.

How do other's ITM % according to prophecy vary from their true numbers?

BadMongo
08-05-2005, 10:41 AM
I haven't bought it because it's such a crappy program, but I used the free search a couple times. My ITM numbers are off by 5-6%, and it has only recorded about 25-30% of my games. What a piece of crap.

downtown
08-05-2005, 11:26 AM
Some dude was talking smack (who was already out, of course) and telling me I have 0% ITM. Umm, I do not have 0% ITM, not even on prophecy, so I am guessing he typed my name in incorrectly. Awesome.

I laughed like a pirate, called him a douche and typed "observer chat off, what?" as I turned the observer chat off. Prophecy users. Good times.

hobbes9324
08-05-2005, 12:01 PM
dunno what the whole deal is - but I do know that

-- I've played about twice as many sng's as it says I have

-- It shows me playing at levels that I've never played

but aside from that, I'm sure it's a fiiiiiiiiiiiine
item

MM MD

45suited
08-05-2005, 12:04 PM
PP only has about 1/6 of the games listed that I have played. In addition to that, they have my ITM at over 50%.

I pwn the lower levels, but not like that. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh, I better add that I don't actually own that piece of crap, but I just looked myself up.

tigerite
08-05-2005, 12:08 PM
It has my ITM down as 34.67% at the $22s, which isn't even close. Arf.

mhcmarty
08-05-2005, 12:12 PM
When I run into this, I let the rest of the table know that it's not reliable and banned by PP. Their claim at 80% capture rate isn't even close. The player quoting these #'s has just divulged his/her ignorance for the rest of us to see.

Ogre
08-05-2005, 12:15 PM
It has less then 1/2 my games tracked.

ewing55
08-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Actual: 687 SnG played since 5/1/05; 35.52% ITM
PP Says: 328 SnGs played; 41.92% ITM
This is my 20+2s stats, 10+1s are about the same error rate.

Other that their stats being way off, it a great product. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

-------------Jeff

junkmail3
08-05-2005, 01:46 PM
The thing I love is when people say things like, "You're so terrible, I looked you up on PP and you only 'win' 40% of the time fish!"

As if placing 40% means you're a bad player ... so good.

TheNoodleMan
08-05-2005, 02:00 PM
I have had tables where someone brings up my prophecy numbers and tells the table "holy crap! this guy is a pro!" Usually, it is a blessing and I am able to rob the table with little to no resistance.

Vasquez
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
some guy talked smack to me yesterday about my poker prophecy numbers :[

-vas

nyc999
08-05-2005, 02:15 PM
It has me as a pro...so watch out for those of you at $5 + $1.

Amazing - 40% ITM at $5 is a pro and 28% at $100 is a slightly below average player.

MissE
08-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I just received this today. I uninstalled the software version and have only been using the web based version.

Dear ,

We are committed to detecting and preventing prohibited software programs** which are designed to enable you to have an unfair advantage over other players playing at PartyPoker.com.

This message is to inform you that we have come across an instance wherein your account was involved in using such a program/website, namely Poker Prophecy. Please note that Partypoker.comýs Terms and Conditions strictly prohibit use of such programs/websites in conjunction with our client, therefore we request that you immediately stop using the program/website.

In Line with our Terms and Conditions, we have flagged your account and will continue to review your account activity and game play for use of such programs. If we detect that you continue to use such programs/websites we will have no choice, but to bar you from our site, permanently close your account and any funds in your account may be deemed forfeited.

Request you to see our Terms and Conditions for further information.

Regards,

Ethan Bolitar,
Investigations Team,
alerts@partypoker.com

** In this message, we have used the term ýprogramý in the functional senseýi.e., since the term is used in connection with defining a particular class of things (that we wish to forbid the use of by players while playing on PartyPoker) based on their function rather than on any other attributeýfor instance, based on whether they are formally classified as ýsoftwareý or not. Thus our use of the term program should be construed as broadly as possibleýto include (i) down-loadable programs (whether downloaded from a portable storage medium) or transfer via network connection (e.g., the Internet); and (ii) non-downloadable programs (not resident completely on the playerýs computer but accessed via e.g., the Internet).

Lori
08-09-2005, 02:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's still going but not as software anymore since it is now banned by Party Poker. You can however input player names on the Pokerprophecy site and still get results.

[/ QUOTE ]

I lost credibility yet you openly admit in this thread to continuing to use it despite knowing that it is banned.

Lori