PDA

View Full Version : Hello! WSOP final table event /Caro's classical tells..Hmmm..

SittingBull
08-05-2005, 05:00 AM
It's heads-up when one player (unknown) makes an all-in hugh raise on the river. His chest vibrates continuously.
In another heads-up case,a player (unknown)goes all-in with a hugh raise on the river again. His chest does not experience any noticable vibration. His whole demeanor remains rather stiff.
His breathing was barely noticable.
Which player has a strong hand and which one is bluffing?
BTW,none of the oppos. was able to detect the tells.One incorrectly called the raise while the other incorrectly folded. I do not believe that any ever read up / studied Caro's Tells.
SittingBull

flyangler
08-05-2005, 03:29 PM
First guy has a real hand.
2nd guy is bluffing.

Net Warrior
08-05-2005, 04:20 PM
/images/graemlins/smile.gif You get an "A" in reading comprehension. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

flyangler
08-05-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/smile.gif You get an "A" in reading comprehension. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I right? I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or serious?
I have not read Caro's book either, but I have watched his videos that are free online, but I don't have them memorized or anything.

Jeebus
08-05-2005, 07:09 PM
He was serious. But where are these free videos? I only know how to find free videos of naked ladies.

flyangler
08-05-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was serious. But where are these free videos? I only know how to find free videos of naked ladies.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL- This is one of the coolest things I have found on the web for free that is poker related. You need quicktime to view them.

Caro's Tells (http://poker1.com/mcu/mculib_video.asp)

DCWGaming
08-05-2005, 09:19 PM
Example 2 = chris moneymaker pushing all in with his busted flush and farha folding?

Hellmouth
08-05-2005, 09:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL- This is one of the coolest things I have found on the web for free that is poker related. You need quicktime to view them.

Caro's Tells (http://poker1.com/mcu/mculib_video.asp)

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant figure out now why I paid for the book. That site is great

Greg

08-05-2005, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Example 2 = chris moneymaker pushing all in with his busted flush and farha folding?

[/ QUOTE ]

Want a cookie? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I can't figure out number one though...

SavageMiser
08-06-2005, 07:42 PM
How do all these players get away with splashing the pot?

SittingBull
08-07-2005, 05:13 AM
Both Oppos. played incorrectly. one folded when he should have called;the called when he should have folded.
SittingBull

Moneyline
08-08-2005, 07:38 AM
This is one of the most common tells. A player goes bananas inside because he's got a great hand and is in position to win a huge pot. Sometimes this results in trembling hands, other times it sends the player's heart rate through the roof... to the point that it's visibly noticeable.

jjacky
08-08-2005, 08:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that definitely wasn't a tell. moneymaker looked that way all the time.

diebitter
08-08-2005, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch it much, but one of the few players I really can't put on any kind of hand is moneymaker. Does anyone else find this?

Some of the others it's very obvious what type of hand they're holding once it's big chip time.

They just scream 'weak holding' when they're not in too good a shape, and don't telegraph anything the rest of the time, in a lot of cases.

jjacky
08-08-2005, 09:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't watch it much, but one of the few players I really can't put on any kind of hand is moneymaker. Does anyone else find this?

Some of the others it's very obvious what type of hand they're holding once it's big chip time.

They just scream 'weak holding' when they're not in too good a shape, and don't telegraph anything the rest of the time, in a lot of cases.

[/ QUOTE ]

i definitely think moneymaker is very difficult to read (he has other weaknesses). but this is also true for so many other players like helmuth, vahedi, hansen, watkinson, ivey etc.