PDA

View Full Version : Book Suggestion, "Your Memory"

theBruiser500
08-05-2005, 02:54 AM
Your Memory, by Higbee. I'm just 1/3 of the way through. Well written, mainly simply intuitive stuff he talks about regarding memory but it's very helpful to have it talked about explicitly, and the consequences and implications layed out. I went into this book kind of thinking "i'm pretty smart with a good memory already, i'm just curious what mnuemics tricks he has to offer" but have been pleasantly surprised.

If you are a student at college highly recommend this. Or if you are just interested in memory, or improving your memory, whatever, this is a great book on the subject.

ClarkNasty
08-05-2005, 03:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Your Memory, by Higbee. I'm just 1/3 of the way through. Well written, mainly simply intuitive stuff he talks about regarding memory but it's very helpful to have it talked about explicitly, and the consequences and implications layed out. I went into this book kind of thinking "i'm pretty smart with a good memory already, i'm just curious what mnuemics tricks he has to offer" but have been pleasantly surprised.

If you are a student at college highly recommend this. Or if you are just interested in memory, or improving your memory, whatever, this is a great book on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

You like all the books you read. The last one turned you into a vegetarian and the previous one made you want to ride a bike in the rain. Now, all of that is fine stuff, but I don't know if reading books is good for you given how impressionable you seem.

Eurotrash
08-05-2005, 03:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know if reading books is good for you given how impressionable you seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's hope he never gets his hands on this one....

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8046/vs6gq.png

GuyOnTilt
08-05-2005, 03:27 AM
Someone forgot to switch their login... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

GoT

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Let's hope he never gets his hands on this one....

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8046/vs6gq.png

[/ QUOTE ]

WHOA NH.

ClarkNasty
08-05-2005, 03:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, someone is pondering if 9999 posts are enough.

Popinjay
08-05-2005, 03:40 AM
I have The Memory Book by Lorrayne/Lucas and it's very good. I wonder how these differ.

smokingrobot
08-05-2005, 03:47 AM
if impressionable enough, perhaps hume will throw you for a loop or two.

throwing things like causality out the window 'n [censored]... that crazy mother f'er

theBruiser500
08-05-2005, 03:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You like all the books you read. The last one turned you into a vegetarian and the previous one made you want to ride a bike in the rain. Now, all of that is fine stuff, but I don't know if reading books is good for you given how impressionable you seem.

[/ QUOTE ]

not a problem if i just continue choosing good books. it is just that i am open to new ideas and learning new things which a lot of people arond here don't seem to be interested in doing.

-Skeme-
08-05-2005, 03:58 AM
The Minds of Billy Milligan

theBruiser500
08-05-2005, 03:59 AM
REad More about bok here (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1569246297/qid=1123228700/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_sbs_1/002-2219666-5355259?v=glance&s=books&n=507846)

Blarg
08-05-2005, 05:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I have The Memory Book by Lorrayne/Lucas and it's very good. I wonder how these differ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah this was a very good book that I found really useful.

TStoneMBD
08-05-2005, 05:50 AM
when i clicked on OOT and read this thread title i thought to myself "this has gotta be bruiser."

in truth though this stuff does interest me and i may have to check it out. let me know if you finish the book and it turns out that it wasnt worth it or it got better.

Matty
08-05-2005, 06:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
not a problem if i just continue choosing good books. it is just that i am open to new ideas and learning new things which a lot of people arond here don't seem to be interested in doing.

[/ QUOTE ]Sounds like a load of liberal bilge to me.

I think I'll add this book to my amazon.com order of a bunch of LSAT prep stuff

http://terrapintables.com/graphics/liberal.gif

Blarg
08-05-2005, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like a load of liberal bilge to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's idiotic even by OOT standards.

Rick Nebiolo
08-05-2005, 10:13 AM
I probably need to read this book, and in order not to forget, I put it on my Amazon wish list.

OTOH, you should still check out the Hite Report and hopefully, when you are as old as I, you will be able to remember all the times you provided a young lady about the best lay she ever had. Unfortunately, I can't remember if I ever did, but it's possible.

~ Rick

Matty
08-05-2005, 10:16 AM
click the link

sfer
08-05-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, someone is pondering if 9999 posts are enough.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're making Josh and Diablo cry.

theBruiser500
08-05-2005, 04:03 PM
heh okay rick