PDA

View Full Version : The first, hopefully not last, KC ring hand.

dibbs
08-05-2005, 02:47 AM
Game is pretty rockish,this is a rare multiway pot.
Most everyone has about 50-100 bbs cept for myself who is very short. Not much in terms of implied in this game I dont think, one or two sevens got paid off in large pots, but you rarely see action on the river.

This is from memory, close enough though.

UTG Limps. Solid 2+2er limps, I limp on button with 2346T
SB completes, BB checks.

SB draws 4. BB for 3. UTG 3. Solid draws 1.

Am I favorite here to stand pat v. 4 3 3 1?, or take the shot at my few outs?

As for the starter, I dont know, sup with that too? Muck? I limped cuz I was excited we actually had some multiway action and I had the button.

Edit: what if UTG was a 2 card draw?

MarkGritter
08-05-2005, 03:26 AM
If this is the hand I'm thinking of, I don't recall 100% what I had here, it was a 1-card draw to a 7. 7652, maybe? I was glad to see the multiway action.

If we give the other two players 27xxx, 24xxx, and 5xxxx, then drawing you have 35% equity and pat you have 56% equity. The three-card draws have only about 4% of the equity each, so it is basically a HU situation and standing pat is a favorite.

I think you should probably have raised here to thin the field. While you can't know that they're drawing quite this crappily, you do have position, a hand that's a favorite over any 1-card draw, and a decent redraw. Then you could draw vs. two players drawing one (getting better than 2:1), and stand pat vs. one player drawing one. A pot-sized raise would give 1-card draws incorrect immediate odds; they would have to be sure that they were drawing live, and that you would make or call an equally large bet (1/3 pot after the draw), to call.

Of course, if you stand pat you have a tricky post-draw decision if bet to. IIRC you folded to a 1/3-pot bet. (Maybe I am confusing a different 7 hand I played--- darn lack of hand histories!)

dibbs
08-05-2005, 05:18 AM
Thanks for the stats Mark, still somewhat lost here in this game. Got lots a learnin to do. Your logic sounds good.

This is the same hand, was folding here weak? I felt that you knew I stood pat so I have probably at worst a T so I kicked it in.

lucas9000
08-05-2005, 08:51 AM
was this live or online?

MarkGritter
08-05-2005, 09:10 AM
online, at the 0.25/0.50 NL table at GamesGrid.

MarkGritter
08-05-2005, 11:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the stats Mark, still somewhat lost here in this game. Got lots a learnin to do. Your logic sounds good.

This is the same hand, was folding here weak? I felt that you knew I stood pat so I have probably at worst a T so I kicked it in.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, I didn't entirely pay attention to the fact that you were pat. (As I remarked at the table, playing a game I'd never played before at the same time as a game I'd been losing at all week was probably not the best decision.)

My guess is that never calling here would be a mistake (it is far too easy to bluff) and always calling here would also be a mistake (paying off the implied odds of draws). So if you were folding just because I bet, that's not so good, but if you were folding as part of a mixed strategy, that's fine. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Remember that I make my hand only about 1/3 of the time. So if I always make a pot-sized bet you can always call getting 2:1.

KotOD
08-05-2005, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

UTG Limps. Solid 2+2er limps, I limp on button with 2346T
SB completes, BB checks.

[/ QUOTE ]

From the button with a smoothish T, I think a raise is in order to get rid of the blinds and the weak limpers. /images/graemlins/diamond.gif