PDA

View Full Version : A futile 10/20 hand reading exercise...

AZK
08-05-2005, 02:28 AM
Party 10/20, opponent is running hotter than god right now, +12k in 300 hands, I'm playing with him on two tables I don't know if he is on more. He isn't playing too aggressive preflop, and a lot looser than most with no real regard to position.

He limps, I raise to 90 with red 44 (7k), 1 caller, he calls (9k).

Flop is K /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I lead for 300, limper folds, he check-minraises me, I call.

Turn 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He checks, I bet 1k, he calls.

River A /images/graemlins/spade.gif

He leads for 2200.

He doesn't check-minraise sets at least from what I can tell given that I have 15 hands of sets/boats in PT and he hasn't made a huge move with one of them on the flop...

Edit: Let's say he checked this river, how much do you bet?

edge
08-05-2005, 02:46 AM
Looks like AK or Ax clubs (A3?). How are you playing? I think it's quite important as far as narrowing down his possible hands.

If he checks the river, I think I check behind. Bizarre line, but I think the most likely hands to call the turn and fold the river are draws, many of which you beat, and the ones you lose to have an A. When someone's running really well, they tend to call down a lot, and I don't think you push him off an A.

AZK
08-05-2005, 02:50 AM
I have been playing pretty tight, not getting out of line at all in the last 20 minutes. The first part of the session was how I built the stack, since then I've been pretty boring...zero action.

ggbman
08-05-2005, 03:04 AM
QJ seems likely here, perhaps QcJc. Why did you call the flop min-raise? I can't imagine you can make a move enough here to make it profitable.

srm80
08-05-2005, 03:21 AM
so does it look like he is check min raising in hopes of seeing a free river for his draw? if he is playing fairly loose after the flop he doesn't look that strong calling 1k getting 2:1 on the turn. perhaps he was playing a suited A rag and paired the river? If it is checked I would be thinking a missed draw and bet out 1500

AZK
08-05-2005, 03:23 AM
Cause I don't know what this means from him, but I know it's not a set, so if it is a draw, I should be able to move him off his hand. Plus a lot of people will check-minraise then give up if you call, so I call a lot more now to resteal on the turn...

conslice
08-05-2005, 03:28 AM
i am not a high limmit player but i often read high limmit hands to better my play. i was just wondering it looks like he paired the ace with a flush draw here u said but in any case if somthing u didnt think made him a pair on the river and he cheked why would u bet out 1500 with a pair of fours it seems like the only thing calling u is a misread set or some dort of pair anything else is folding, is this just to hide your hand or for image or ?????? [/list]

srm80
08-05-2005, 03:33 AM
why wouldn't he bet out the turn after the min-check raise? After he only calls the turn and if he checks the river I am still thinking my pair of 4s is good, unless he likes to min-check raise two pair after the flop, but I don't know players history. Looks like a missed draw to me, so are you checking behind on this river?

chuddo
08-05-2005, 03:33 AM
he will have to call ~3k more into what will be a final pot of 14k. he seems at least a bit fond of his hand.

creedofhubris
08-05-2005, 06:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Edit: Let's say he checked this river, how much do you bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Zero dollars.

neon
08-05-2005, 07:55 AM
AK, A/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 33, QJ. If he's really that loose, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif3/images/graemlins/club.gif?

A river bet might blow him off A/images/graemlins/club.gifx/images/graemlins/club.gif, but I think it's too likely he's got something to call you w/ to make betting the river a good idea, and the fact that he's running good is only going to help him call you.

mgsimpleton
08-05-2005, 08:29 AM
he has 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif and YHIG. jk i think this is a fold. seriously, you gotta lay this one down azk.