PDA

View Full Version : Counterstrike coach needed

tongni
08-05-2005, 12:11 AM
My friend and me have a significant bet that he can beat me in counterstrike: source. I recently started playing a few days ago, and he has been playing for several years. I've never played a computer FPS before, but I've gotten to the point where I can go about 1 for 1 on most public servers, however, this isn't going to cut it with him. I have a couple weeks to prepare for the challenge and need someone to spend just a couple hours helping me out and answering questions. I'd be willing to trade poker coaching - I do reasonably well for myself at 20/40 and 30/60, or some other compensation of your choosing. PM me: but please be very good.

siccjay
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
You are going to lose. Stupid bet to make.

UCF THAYER
08-05-2005, 12:12 AM
are you gonna be playing with him on a server, or will you be playing him 1 on 1?

tongni
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
1) I'm extremely good at Halo 2
2) I'm asian

I'm pretty sure these things will tip the scales in my favor.

TheMainEvent
08-05-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My friend and me have a significant bet that he can beat me in counterstrike: source. I recently started playing a few days ago, and he has been playing for several years.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is he laying you on this?

AngryCola
08-05-2005, 12:14 AM
CS isn't exactly a two player game.
I'm not sure what advice people can give you other than, "React faster!"

tongni
08-05-2005, 12:14 AM
1 on 1, probably with some weak to decent bots.

TheMainEvent
08-05-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2) I'm asian

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you will be unpleasantly surprised.

Popinjay
08-05-2005, 12:17 AM
OGC

touchfaith
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
You have no chance. None. Zero.

tongni
08-05-2005, 12:20 AM
When I said a significant bet, I meant significant to him, a poor college student. It's really about stroking my ego, and the hundreds of "in your face"-like comments that will result.

AngryCola
08-05-2005, 12:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's really about stroking my ego, and the hundreds of "in your face"-like comments that will result.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a lot of confidence for someone who is asking for a 'CS coach' on 2+2.
It looks like you don't think you really need any help anyway, as you're obviously going to win.

08-05-2005, 12:46 AM
I could help you, but if he's any good at all you won't have much of a chance. I have been playing for 5+ years too so unless you're playing on LAN, I could just pretend I was you and smack him around a little for you.

Popinjay
08-05-2005, 12:52 AM
OKay here's the best advice you're gonna get: be a terrorist and get an AK-47. Run around like crazy until you find him. Once you see him just run at him and spray your gun like crazy. You might get lucky and kill him.

TheMainEvent
08-05-2005, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
OKay here's the best advice you're gonna get: be a terrorist and get an AK-47. Run around like crazy until you find him. Once you see him just run at him and spray your gun like crazy. You might get lucky and kill him.

[/ QUOTE ]

What thread are we in again?

snappo
08-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Keep your crosshair at head-hight always

Fire in bursts at the head. Spray close-range.

Control recoil.

ak47/colt carbine.

Walk don't run when he could be near. Likewise listen for his footsteps.

TimM
08-05-2005, 01:40 AM
Here is your best chance: You need to find out what a good hack for CS is.

http://www.pwned.nl/

Stellastarr
08-05-2005, 02:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
2) I'm asian

[/ QUOTE ]

Source is much easier then earlier versions of CS. Now that having been said, I doubt this will make any difference.

Luzion
08-05-2005, 02:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here is your best chance: You need to find out what a good hack for CS is.

http://www.pwned.nl/

[/ QUOTE ]

Public servers are crap. If you won some "fake" money at the Play money tables in poker, dont tell me you would actually think you were good at poker. Same with Pub servers.

Halo2 has nothing to do with CS. The recoil of the weapons, movement, and the general physics in the game are completely different. Not to mention I dont see how you can get the hang of a mouse + kb in such a short time. If he has been playing competively in leagues and stuff for several years, you are dead for sure.

Dont wanna be an [censored], but your only chance is hacking. Sorry bro...

TimM
08-05-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
2) I'm asian

[/ QUOTE ]

Source is much easier then earlier versions of CS. Now that having been said, I doubt this will make any difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not played much CS source. I play mostly HL2DM now.

But I used to love the old CS betas (up to about 6.2 or so), before they weakened and changed the accuracy of certain guns. It used to be you could just sneak up behind a group of 4 enemy and wipe them out before they could turn around. I'm a sneaky bitch and I also like to rush out alone like Rambo, so for me these changes were not good.

EliteNinja
08-05-2005, 03:07 AM
Wow, man.
You're pretty much pwned.

CS has a steep learning curve.

I've been playing for 5+ years and think I'm decent ranked <30 on 3 servers currently.

Here are some free tips:
1. Play tons of CS.
2. If one-on-one, always choose T, since you can plant the bomb then defend it on de maps and you can always camp the hostages on cs maps.
3. Aim at the head (easier said than done)
4. Use flashbangs (camp around corners, and if you hear him coming, chuck out an fb, then rush him while he's blinded)
5. If you see a flashbang come at you and cannot avoid it, throw one right back in the same direction.
6. Walk a lot.
7. Know every map by heart (all the good campsites/sniper alleys/choke points)

Good luck.

Recliner
08-05-2005, 03:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You have no chance. None. Zero.

[/ QUOTE ]

None or zero is still too high of a chance. I think you are underestimating the amount of skill that CS takes like a newbie at poker.

Ogre
08-05-2005, 03:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
pffffftttt

anyway, you have no chance.

smokingrobot
08-05-2005, 03:58 AM
i went to this pc-bang (sp?) and played CS for the first time in my adult life about 2 years ago.

i hate that game.

ucfryan
08-05-2005, 04:21 AM
As someone who played CounterStrike competitively at the highest levels for 4 years I can confidently say you have no chance. You can't teach someone how to aim, it's just something that has to be developed over a period of time.

Matty
08-05-2005, 06:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i went to this pc-bang (sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]Are you Korean?

I went to one recently too- why oh why didn't those places exist when I was in high school and had endless free time?

siccjay
08-05-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You are going to lose. Stupid bet to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to thank everyone for proving that my first reply was not just to be a dick.

I played for a year and I never ever felt like I got good at ALL.

You have no chance.

Stellastarr
08-05-2005, 10:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As someone who played CounterStrike competitively at the highest levels for 4 years I can confidently say you have no chance. You can't teach someone how to aim, it's just something that has to be developed over a period of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

What clan?

ucfryan
08-05-2005, 11:04 PM
http://www.gotfrag.com/portal/user/135/

Listed at the bottom. I played had played in every CAL division up until the time I quit playing competitively (Draft, Open, Main, Invite). Premier launched the season after I quit.

mcb
08-05-2005, 11:43 PM
i was one of the top duelers in north america...

for ut2k4

kyro
08-05-2005, 11:43 PM
Dude, it took me about 6-7 months to get average at the game. If your friend is in any leauges, you really stand no shot. It's a game of timing and experience.

touchfaith
08-06-2005, 12:35 AM
He has no chance what-so-ever, but...

I was never in a clan or league, played for over 3 years and could routinely go to clan servers and wipe them up.

Most of those guy are so set on team play (which is great in leagues), that they just can't handle a mad rusher (me). And after a couple rounds, when people start to open their eyes and give me a little back up, it was usually all over.

(I really hope I don't get the bug to play again)

Either way...give the OP all the time he wants and any gun he wants and I'm (any any other experienced player) still going to cap his ass with a USP every round...easy money.

errrrrr....someone host a damn 2+2 1.5 server /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

EliteNinja
08-06-2005, 05:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He has no chance what-so-ever, but...

I was never in a clan or league, played for over 3 years and could routinely go to clan servers and wipe them up.

Most of those guy are so set on team play (which is great in leagues), that they just can't handle a mad rusher (me). And after a couple rounds, when people start to open their eyes and give me a little back up, it was usually all over.

(I really hope I don't get the bug to play again)

Either way...give the OP all the time he wants and any gun he wants and I'm (any any other experienced player) still going to cap his ass with a USP every round...easy money.

errrrrr....someone host a damn 2+2 1.5 server /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

OMFG, a 2+2 CS server would pwn!
Awesome idea, man!