PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have an issue with this push with tiny blinds???

ldavidjm
08-04-2005, 11:43 PM
Pacific 5 buck tourney
Blinds a tiny tiny 10/20
6/10 Left
Relevent Stacks
BB-Hero(720)
Button(3000)
Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/spade.gif10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif
Folded to button who makes it 60 to go.
Button is a complete maniac as far as I've seen, took 2 of the players out on the 2nd hand with a baby flush draw push. He's only not raised one hand (we've played 14 or so) He's lost a few chips from his maniacalness (pushing allin with 92o high on a broadway board after he raised a limper PF) but mostly he's sucked out.

How bad is a push here?

HighestCard
08-04-2005, 11:51 PM
Would you really like to get sucked out at this point of the game? I'm gussing you have a 60/40 with him, and he probably will call.... If not, why take a coin flip to pp this early, or be a big under to face pocket or higher ace X.

ldavidjm
08-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah I hate getting sucked out on /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

At the moment I felt hated calling off more chips and folding what is likely the best hand on 66% of flops more. Anybody else want to berate me?

Shilly
08-05-2005, 12:17 AM
If he's raised all but one hand...I guess I'd push.

ekky
08-05-2005, 12:38 AM
I think you are better off just calling. Most times you dont like this because you end up folding if you miss the flop... but if you weigh this up against your potential pay off if you hit the flop.. (see the 9/2 bluff).. it seems like the call is the best option.

If you miss.. you can always preserve chips for later encounters.

xLukex
08-05-2005, 12:47 AM
Yes, everyone needs to realize that this is not even close to a push/fold situation.

Hero should call, and play very aggressively if he hits the flop. Don't overvalue your hand if all low cards come out, we know villain is a maniac.

Pushing here is WAY too aggressive! I could maybe see with AA, KK, or QQ.

45suited
08-05-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Would you really like to get sucked out at this point of the game? I'm gussing you have a 60/40 with him, and he probably will call.... If not, why take a coin flip to pp this early, or be a big under to face pocket or higher ace X.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that I'm one of the tighter players on the early levels... but against this opponent, with your stack, I think pushing here is a good play. Villain has raised 13/14 hands so far. No reason to believe that the OP does not have way the best of it. I'll gladly take a 60-40 flip here, plus the OP did not mention anything about villain CALLING all-ins, so he probably does have some FE as well. Pushing is fine here, IMO.

Also, it's likely that hero is actually more than a 60-40 favorite, given villain's ridiculously loose range. ATs is 65% vs. a random hand, which is about what I'm putting the villain on here.

ekky
08-05-2005, 02:15 AM
if hero hits his hand, he makes more from it playing passively, rather then aggressively.. knowing the aggressive persons tendancies.