PDA

View Full Version : Check out this Christian Political Movement

Toffler
08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
http://christianexodus.org/

Toffler

DVaut1
08-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Wow, more perceived Christian martyrdom. I guess these guys actually believe Christians are really persecuted in this country, so perhaps I shouldn't say "perceived Christian martyr-hood", but more like "paranoid fantasies of martyr-hood."

Either way, I found this rather curious, and I suspect this group is looking more for right-wing utopia than they are anything Christian. At least, I was a little surprised by this:

"- Fathers are denied equal rights under law in cases of child custody
- Our right to keep and bear arms continues to be INFRINGED
- Private homes are now subject to arbitrary government seizure "

I missed where this kind of stuff was imperative toward proper Christian living (or, rather, that these 'problems' were seriously interfering with proper Christian living). Like I said, this sounds more like right-wing posturing than anything Christian.

bills217
08-04-2005, 11:51 PM
The quotation of Revelation 18:4 on that website is very interesting.

"Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins..." Revelation 18:4

With "her" presumably symbolizing the US for their purposes here.

Interestingly, they did not include Revelation 18:7, which says,

"Give her as much suffering and grief as the glory and luxury she gave herself..." Revelation 18:7

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Unless they plan on a military takeover, the verse they quote on the website is used wildly out of context.

The actual Bible passage specifically refers to ancient Babylon and it is quite obvious that this is the only intended interpretation.

Such carelessness only serves to breed the attitudes these people feel threatened by.

And, as a Christian myself, let me tell you these people don't speak for me, nor are they doing anyone any favors through this bizarre movement.

QuadsOverQuads
08-05-2005, 01:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And, as a Christian myself, let me tell you these people don't speak for me, nor are they doing anyone any favors through this bizarre movement.

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be nice if a few more Christians started speaking out against people like these nuts. They aren't Christians, they have no idea what Christianity is, they don't follow the teachings of Jesus, they simply appropriate the word "Christian" and use it as a political shield. And if anyone voices disagreement with their (fanatical, insane, right-wing-whacko) philosophies, they point to it and shout "aha! persecution! you're persecuting me! you must hate Christians!"

It's about time that the rest of the Christian community stood up and called these frauds out for what they are: pretenders, Pharisees, liars, pseudo-religious frauds.

Because if mainstream Christians don't make that case, then who else will?

q/q